Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with some lights on my dash and was hoping to find some help here. One is my clock light and I was very glad to see the sticky above about how to change the bulb - great post.

The car is a 99 Accord, and the lights in question are the blue / red temperature light for the AC and the A/C, Recirc, and defroster buttons - all others work fine.

I attached a picture from a generic dash photo I found on Google, and circled the lights in question in Red. Hopefully the picture makes up for my poor description.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got some replacement bulbs today and an exploded diagram of taking the unit apart - does anyone have any insight or tricks to taking it apart? Doesn't look real simple, but I haven't looked too deep yet either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys the information helped out. I changed the bulb today and took pictures of the steps.

First take the clock out following these instructions. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1240

Then take out the three screws holding the trim around the radio in place.

Next pop out the clips holding the trim in place.

Then remove the following screws to remove the back of the climate control panel.

Then remove the bulb for the climate control display.

My clock bulb burned out last week and now this one. I hope the ones in the instrument cluster don't burn out because they look like a pain to replace.
I found this thread while searching for answers - does anyone know if it is the same (or similar) to the climate controls I posted above ('99 Accord EX)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if anyone ever has the same problem, the steps up above hit the nail right on the head. The only difference is I didn't remove the back cover to the unit - the bulbs were easy to access right through the covers,

Peice of cake fix - about 5-10 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts