Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm wondering what if any dash protectants folks are using, the pro and cons of using one brand vs. another, etc.

Thanks in advance!

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
I use chemical guy's V.R.P. dressing. UV protection and has the highest shine rating by them for a water based. I stay away from oil based because I have heard they can dry out materials over time. This stuff can also be used on tires, trim, basically anywhere.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,886 Posts
A high (and blinding) shine is the LAST thing you want on a dashboard. I use one of two products only.....Aerospace 303 or Surf City Dash Away.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Poor Boy's makes a good product for the interior. Has a low sheen, is non greasy, and has a pleasant aroma. Works well on my black interior.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
+1 on 303 Aerospace. As Rick mentioned, you don't want a shiny dash, you want it to be matte as possible to reduce glare. 2nd, you want a water based protectant.

Other than 303 Aerospace, I use Blackfire Interior Protectant. I like them both.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Maybe it is just me, but the shine isn't distracting when I drive. Also wear sunglasses when I drive

·
Registered
941 Posts
Maybe it is just me, but the shine isn't distracting when I drive. Also wear sunglasses when I drive
It depends how shiny it really is. I went overboard with some Meguiars interior spray and about all I could see was the glare coming off the dash when driving in direct sunlight.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
It depends how shiny it really is. I went overboard with some Meguiars interior spray and about all I could see was the glare coming off the dash when driving in direct sunlight.
Gotcha. I just did my interior this past weekend so everything got a good wipe down, oiled the leather, vacuumed the mats, carpets and cupholders (that white fuzzy cottonwood gets everywhere) and finished with some clean windows and dash protectant

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm a fan of the Aerospace 303 as well - I use it on my "leather" seats as well as any plastic piece on the interior.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
For those using the 303 Aerospace, where are you getting it? I've seen quite a varied price range on it lately.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,886 Posts
I only found it online. You need to seriously compare prices & shipping if you plan on getting some. If there is a store for marine products (boat stuff) in your area you'll likely find it there.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I only found it online. You need to seriously compare prices & shipping if you plan on getting some. If there is a store for marine products (boat stuff) in your area you'll likely find it there.
Thanks. I'm thinking Amazon Prime is my best bet. No shipping cost.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Try detailedimage.com as well

Reactions: JenerationX

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,543 Posts
About three years ago I went over to the detailing sites and ask the experts to recommend a new interior protectant. I have been using 303 up until then and I liked it ,however after using it for a while I started to get a real strong shine off the dashboard even when buffed off, the reflectivity was bad. A bit greasy too. I want to something that would make it look new, a matte/satin finish, but not shiny. And would last a couple months. After several posts from detailers that I respected, the winner was:

Poorboys NATURAL LOOK

To this day I don't use anything else.

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
The one I use almost exclusively is Dura Gloss Vinyl & Leather Dressing. Lasts a long, long time, smells great and doesn't leave a greasy film nor is it very glossy. The other one I use is 303. Both are great products.
@JenerationX, You'll find 303 products at pretty much all RV supply and Marine shops, Home Depot, Auto zone, O'Reilley's Auto Parts, Napa Auto Parts, Lowe's, Patio furniture stores, most ACE Hardware stores, and many Walmart stores carry it in their camping, RV section.
And, Tex was right, that stuff runs a huge spectrum with regard to price.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Love your avatar... Huge Packers fan here!
I'm from Chicago area on top of that. Always keep my rear Super Bowl Champs plate frame clean and visible ;)

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
About three years ago I went over to the detailing sites and ask the experts to recommend a new interior protectant. I have been using 303 up until then and I liked it ,however after using it for a while I started to get a real strong shine off the dashboard even when buffed off, the reflectivity was bad. A bit greasy too. I want to something that would make it look new, a matte/satin finish, but not shiny. And would last a couple months. After several posts from detailers that I respected, the winner was:

Poorboys NATURAL LOOK

To this day I don't use anything else.
This is what I use. A very low sheen product, just makes the dash look shiny enough to look clean but not like you need to wipe the grease off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts