Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any insight regarding Dashboard lights flickering randomly for 1-2 seconds while driving. After reseaching several youtube videos this is quite common for 4cyl civic. A simple replacement in the fuse box call the electric load detector. However, my 2001 v6 electric load detector is either located in the main computer or built into the fuse box, according to Honda. I went to my local Honda dealer spoke with a techinician who reference from Honda literure that this common among V6's (2001) but no fix. Has anyone experienced this issuse ?

·
Super Moderator
4,599 Posts
I actually have a similar issue with my '00. AFAIK it's somehow related to the alternator, at least in my case. I've replaced the alternator like 3 times in the 13-1/2yrs I've owned my '00 and the issue first happened when the original alternator died in 2012. The lights on my dash started flickering and about a week later it was completely dead. Ever since then I've had these lights flicker randomly on occasion. Usually when it happens is when I'm decelerating.

That's all I know and can't trace it to anything specific.

Reactions: tommykny

·
one wheel drive
770 Posts
Make sure your dimmer dial isn't all the way low. Mine will dim a little here and there but it is extra flickery bottomed out on low.

The ELD doing it's thing will cause all lights on the car to noticeably change intensity. With the engine running sometimes I'll see my system voltage in the upper 12s and sometimes upper 14s. Just how its designed.. unloading the alternator for fuel efficiency when electrical demand is low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts