Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please take it easy on me. Just bought a Accord Sport 15, absolutely loving the car. I wanted to install the LED daytime running lights onto the car. I found

High Power 13 LED Wedge (each) - 13SMD - College Hills Honda

Do I only need to replace the two bulbs in the headlight strips or is there a completely different installation method? The website doesn't explain much. My thinking is that all I need to do is to replace the bulb that is already being used in the headlight strips.

Your thoughts??

Thanks !

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are replacing the parking strip lights. I4 don't get the fancy V6 LED DRL strips. But this will replace that bulb thats located in that strip area. Its a simple swap. Just twist and pull out the bulb socket, plug your new one in, test it out to make sure you got the polarity correct, and twist it back in. About a 10 min swap, just be careful to not drop the bulbs into the strip or anywhere in the engine compartment. (guilty of the latter)

Attached is a picture of my bulb... temporary until i get enough money for the V6 lights.

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
Hey there everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please take it easy on me. Just bought a Accord Sport 15, absolutely loving the car. I wanted to install the LED daytime running lights onto the car. I found

High Power 13 LED Wedge (each) - 13SMD - College Hills Honda

Do I only need to replace the two bulbs in the headlight strips or is there a completely different installation method? The website doesn't explain much. My thinking is that all I need to do is to replace the bulb that is already being used in the headlight strips.

Your thoughts??

Thanks !
Welcome to the forum!

You got it right the first time its just two bulbs, one on each side. Just a recommendation I would go with exLED Parking Lights more expensive but they look amazing.

Check out my thread might help you out for the installing I needed help figuring out how to remove the bulb.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/138-audio-electronics-lighting/271770-exled-parking-lights-install.html

Below is mine with exLED vs OEM

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another question, was I didn't really notice whether the parking strip lights are turned on automatically during the day? Is there any other configuration I need to do so they become Day time running lights?

Thanks again !

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
Another question, was I didn't really notice whether the parking strip lights are turned on automatically during the day? Is there any other configuration I need to do so they become Day time running lights?

Thanks again !
The parking lights don't turn on with the DRL. I know a few people that have disabled the DRL by removing the fuse and switching the headlight to the first setting, which would then display just the parking lights.
Check this video out Disable DRL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say first setting do you mean switching the headlights on? Or switching the fuses? Would I have to change from auto to the first setting of lights? Sorry if my language is a little mixed up here.

Also how do you like the 5K lights? I was thinking about getting 6K? Cool white sounds nice.

Thanks

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
When you say first setting do you mean switching the headlights on? Or switching the fuses? Would I have to change from auto to the first setting of lights? Sorry if my language is a little mixed up here.

Also how do you like the 5K lights? I was thinking about getting 6K? Cool white sounds nice.

Thanks
I mean switching the headlights on. If you keep the setting on auto when you unlock/lock or open the door the low beam, fogs and parking lights will turn on. Check out the picture below I circle the setting that would enable the parking lights and the turn signal lights to on.

For the lights? I would go with whichever you prefer I have 6K for my lows and they seem blueish at times, 5K would be the best color for pure white.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts