Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for all those with HID on their lows. what do u do when u need to flash your high beams?? do u forget about ur HID turning on and then off?? is there any solutions around this???

LIGHTS ARE IN OFF or 1st position.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Your low beams do not turn off when you flash your high beams.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keywords, daytime, "on and off"

im refering to when u have ur lights to off position and u need to flash.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
if your lights are off and you flash your high beams, only the high beams come on. the regular lights do not come on with the high beams.
WRONG. when you flash your high beams in the daytime, the low beams come on too.

this is why i dont flash ppl in daytime because i have HIDs in my low beams. or what i would do is turn on HIDs first then flash.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
WRONG. when you flash your high beams in the daytime, the low beams come on too.

this is why i dont flash ppl in daytime because i have HIDs in my low beams. or what i would do is turn on HIDs first then flash.
+1... Just train yourself to turn on your low beams, then flash away, wait a couple seconds until you think the HIDs have warmed up, and then turn them off...

I trained myself to do that when I had my HIDs in.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

+2 on that I have quad high beams 2 hid and 2 lows since I have bi-xenon projectors in the lows. I really dont like to flash people because it kills the life of the bulb and ballast if you turn it on and off really fast too much.

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
You know...I have been thinking of this lately myself. I just put the RS HID complete kit in my car and any time I want to warn a fellow driver of a cop ahead I dont want to blink my HID's.

I checked my car, and with the Bi xenon HID's installed it blinks both the HID's high beams and the halogens high beams at the same time.

I feel bad because I always warn people when I can, in hopes that I will get the same courtesy in return.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the only solution that i htought of i to convert the light stalk/control module to tl/tsx or put a relay timer.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmm interesting.. i THINK only my highs come on when i flash on off or parking lights. might have to check it out when i have time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the only solution that i htought of i to convert the light stalk/control module to tl/tsx or put a relay timer.
I wonder if that would solve the issue if the lights turning on and off everytime you lock or unlock your doors, and also the slight on/off that happens when you start your engines with the lights on. I miss leaving my lights on after I leave my car and having them turn on with the car from far away.

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
I wonder if that would solve the issue if the lights turning on and off everytime you lock or unlock your doors, and also the slight on/off that happens when you start your engines with the lights on. I miss leaving my lights on after I leave my car and having them turn on with the car from far away.
Hmmm...do the HID's really blink when you lock and unlock your car? I thought only the corner lights do? Cant be good to have them blink every time you lock and unlock, talk about significantly lowering the life span!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hmmm...do the HID's really blink when you lock and unlock your car? I thought only the corner lights do? Cant be good to have them blink every time you lock and unlock, talk about significantly lowering the life span!
In a car like ours, yes, but they're supposed to be halogen headlights. Putting in HIDs doesn't change its behavior. Cars with HID from the factory like the TL are designed to not to turn on and off when lock/unlocking doors, or starting the engine.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
hmm interesting.. i THINK only my highs come on when i flash on off or parking lights. might have to check it out when i have time.
Wrong. Highs and lows come on at all times when attempting to flash/use highs... Always

In a car like ours, yes, but they're supposed to be halogen headlights. Putting in HIDs doesn't change its behavior. Cars with HID from the factory like the TL are designed to not to turn on and off when lock/unlocking doors, or starting the engine.
wrong too. The low beams dont "blink" when the car unlocks. If left on, the parking lights blink, and then in a couple seconds, the lows turn on. the turn off after about 20 seconds. Even TSX's with factory HID behave that way when you leave the lights on and turn the car off.

If you unlock all doors before that 2 seconds while the lights are still off, they wont flash... If you are more than 20 or so seconds away, by the time you get to the car they would have turned off. When you open the driver's door, they will turn on again. Not really a big deal but you should try to get to the car before they turn off. And turn the lights off before you start the car so that when you start it, it doesnt turn them off/on. Thats really it. Nothing real crazy

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
No, neither low nor high beams come on from locking/unlocking doors, try it, only the parking lights flash.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry guys, I think I'm wording this wrong. Everything I've said earlier only applies to when you leave your lights on, exit your vehicle and come back at a later time. I agree that if the lights were off to begin with, locking or unlocking the door will not turn anything but the parking lights on.

EDIT: Most of post deleted because FollowingNFront got it right. My only addition is that if you unlock again (to unlock passenger doors) after initially pressing unlock BEFORE the 20 second time limit but after 3 seconds, the lights will turn off and on again.

I leave the lights off or now do a quick tap-pause-tap within 2 seconds, before the lows turn on initially.

Sorry for the hijack! And I agree, if your lights are off and you flash highs, your lows come on too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
apparently the alarm and panic makes the low beam flash, can anyone confirm??? my car is not with me ATM

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
panic flashes parking, lows, highs, and horn IIRC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts