Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I am reading the manual correctly? It says what criteria must be met for my Daytime Running Lights to be illuminated. I does not appear that they will light if I have my lights on auto. They must be in Park mode or off. That sure seams a bit silly to me or am I reading the manual wrong?

Models with LED low beam headlights-
• The power mode is ON.
• The headlight switch is off, or in (parking light mode, the symbol did not copy).
• The parking brake is released.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it's on auto and its daytime, then the headlights should be off

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
On Auto, DRLs are on during the daytime -- hence the name Daytime Running lamps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is what I would expect but that is not what I read in the manual.

The strip of LEDs below the headlight light but not the headlight itself. From what I read in the book I would expect the headlight to be lit at a dimmer level or am I reading this wrong?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes that is what I would expect but that is not what I read in the manual.

The strip of LEDs below the headlight light but not the headlight itself. From what I read in the book I would expect the headlight to be lit at a dimmer level or am I reading this wrong?
On the V6 models the LED strip is the daytime running light. The headlights do not come on.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just put it on Auto. It will do everything for you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You're reading the portion of the manual that defines the requirements for the touring model (LED lowbeam headlights).

The DRL LED strip will remain on during the day time. Why not just go test it out?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"more people need to stand in front of their car and read the manual"

glen e- I have read the manual and I know what my car has for daytime running lights. YOU read the manual and see if you can tell me what the MANUAL says the daytime running lights should be on what model. I know you are a genius and an expert on the accords (all models) but I am not. I guess I am daytime running light challenged and wanted to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to do. Every other vehicle that I have had that has had daytime running lights has had the head lights on at a dimmer level.

"Why not just go test it out?"

LA02MAX- Yes, of course I have done that, and yes if the LED strip is what is supposed to be illuminated then mine is correct. I guess I could have assumed that but the manual made it unclear.

All I was doing was looking for an answer on what was correct not a smart a$$ response. Thanks to all that helped and to all that have helped on previous questions that I have had. :thmsup: I will likely think twice about posting questions in the future.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Now you know you have LED DRLs. They are awesome. Enjoy.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,543 Posts
The simple fact is the manual is not very good in many spots,and my point is everyone needs to sit in the car and go over everything when you have book in hand. The manual does a lousy job explaining the lights (like auto is really on), the MID, and even the back up camera. It takes doing a walk around on the car to understand and evaluate some of the features, For example, if you have the 3 settings on the back up cam, what ranges are they? - you don't really know, until you take a soda can or something and set it in diff positions and ranges to find out how far away you actually are. After doing that, I knew exactly how far the dotted line is from things, and how "wide" is "wide". The manual is ok, but could be a lot better...

·
Registered
111 Posts
"more people need to stand in front of their car and read the manual"

glen e- I have read the manual and I know what my car has for daytime running lights. YOU read the manual and see if you can tell me what the MANUAL says the daytime running lights should be on what model. I know you are a genius and an expert on the accords (all models) but I am not. I guess I am daytime running light challenged and wanted to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to do. Every other vehicle that I have had that has had daytime running lights has had the head lights on at a dimmer level.

"Why not just go test it out?"

LA02MAX- Yes, of course I have done that, and yes if the LED strip is what is supposed to be illuminated then mine is correct. I guess I could have assumed that but the manual made it unclear.

All I was doing was looking for an answer on what was correct not a smart a$$ response. Thanks to all that helped and to all that have helped on previous questions that I have had. :thmsup: I will likely think twice about posting questions in the future.:thumbsdow
And before you go getting all butt hurt, I answered your question in full. You were reading about a model that you don't possess.

·
Registered
88 Posts
First know what you have.

No version of the EX-L has LED headlights.

The EX-L with the V6 has halogens with a LED Strip under than main headlights that are the DRLs. Then are on when your headlights are off.

The EX-L with the i4 has halogens with NO LED strip. That strip that looks like an LED strip is the parking lights. This trim uses a depowered low beam as the DRLs.

·
6200 rpm
238 Posts
Is there a way for a 13 accord sport to use the led strips as day runnin lights like the v6 model?
Well, for starters you would need LED strips installed because the Sport (or any I4 version of the Accord for that matter) does not have them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Led drl

Is it an easy swap to take the whole assembly from a ex-l 6 to a sport? I have the sport but would really like to have the LED DRL.

·
Registered
183 Posts
more people need to stand in front of their car and read the manual with a freind/wife manning the controls...:biggrin:
No way am I standing in front of any car with the old lady at the wheel! :nuts:

·
Retired G-Man
847 Posts
Is it an easy swap to take the whole assembly from a ex-l 6 to a sport? I have the sport but would really like to have the LED DRL.

It can be done, but not cheap.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
The swap is pretty easy and cheaper than Touring LEDs at $1300 which gives you LED headlights (low beam) and LED DRLs.

If all you want is LED DRLs from the EX-L V6 (halogen low/hi beams), you just need those headlights from a discount dealer online and a relay to control everything.

It will be less than $1300 but not sure what that is. Easy to search.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts