Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
6200 rpm
238 Posts
Is it an easy swap to take the whole assembly from a ex-l 6 to a sport? I have the sport but would really like to have the LED DRL.
Funny you mention that. I'm working out details of a pro retrofit to HIDs, and I'll be purchasing new headlamps for the conversion. When all is said and done, I was gonna sell off my current headlamps (halogen with the LED DRLs). Otherwise, you're looking at new from a Honda parts dealer, ~$300 per side discounted (list is over $400). There are a ton of the base headlamps (like yours) on ebay, but none of the LED DRL style.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Kings and Kyler. Kyler, how much for the lamps you are selling? I might be interested. Would I still need a controller?

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Thanks Kings and Kyler. Kyler, how much for the lamps you are selling? I might be interested. Would I still need a controller?
I needed a relay going from base lights to Touring LED.

My guess is that you will need some sort of controller/relay to turn off your stock de powered high beam DRL and power up the LED DRL from the V6.

They are different lights with different wiring and work differently. I don't think you will be able to do a simple pNp. My relay is a pNp that I for from HTG at Rick Case Honda but several people have made their own relays and it seems to be pretty straight forward.

Could it be possible that if you just hook up the V6 lights, the stock relay will know what to do. That is worth a shot before buying or making one.

·
6200 rpm
238 Posts
At this point I was thinking of listing them for $200 each since I have only had my car for 2 months.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
2,314 Posts
Is there a way for a 13 accord sport to use the led strips as day runnin lights like the v6 model?
Search it on the forum, there are at least 2 threads about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a fair price, but I need to do more research on what the full job entails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First know what you have.

No version of the EX-L has LED headlights.

The EX-L with the V6 has halogens with a LED Strip under than main headlights that are the DRLs. Then are on when your headlights are off.

The EX-L with the i4 has halogens with NO LED strip. That strip that looks like an LED strip is the parking lights. This trim uses a depowered low beam as the DRLs.
Hello so I have a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L Navi V4 model, are you saying that the daytime running lights are low beam LED? Because I am trying to replace them with LED lights but I do not know the size because I could not find anything online that states weather it is for example 9005 or 9006 on the manual it just says "*LED" literally for the replacing lightbulbs. So can you please confirm for me because I wanted to order some but I want to make sure I get the correct led daytime running lights. Specifically from Amazon cougar motors.
First know what you have.

No version of the EX-L has LED headlights.

The EX-L with the V6 has halogens with a LED Strip under than main headlights that are the DRLs. Then are on when your headlights are off.

The EX-L with the i4 has halogens with NO LED strip. That strip that looks like an LED strip is the parking lights. This trim uses a depowered low beam as the DRLs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the car running and E brake off as well as the headlight switch off the LED strip on the bottom will be illuminated. At least it is on my 14 Touring...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts