Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
loves his accord
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to this forum but not to Hondas.
Ive had my fair shar eof civic tegs and currently a 06 4dr accord as my DD and an S2k. So.........HELLO EVERYONE:)

MY QUESTION IS THIS.
I own a 06 4dr accord SE and my wife owns a 05 4dr LX. On thing I noticed for differences (besides looks) was that I have day time running lights and her 05 doesnt. Is it possible to switch her bright light bulb to an 06 bright light bulb (2 filiments right)? Would she then have daytimes or is it not that easy?

I searched and searched and found nothing.

Anyone try this yet?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to the site. :)

A bulb swap will not give her DRL. Your hi beams run at half power or so when the DRL feature is enabled. I guess it requires a switch to always keep the hi beams on but at lowered power. I'm not sure how/if that can be done. Would be interested to know though, since I don't have them on my car either.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
For the cheapest possible resolution, just have her leave her headlights on all the time. My 05 LX sedan automatically shuts my lights off within a few seconds of me turning off my car and locking it, so my battery doesn't drain. I believe all Gen 7 Accord LX's have this.
I'm sure you can install DRL's, but it's not as simple as installing new bulbs because DRL's run at something near 50% power.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
Yup. You 05 LX should be just like mine. If you leave the headlights on all the time, the car will shut them off after you turn it off and lock it in less than 30 seconds. If you want DRL's but don't want to mess around and spend money converting it, try that.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
theres a module you can buy that basically gives your car DRL's. its like $100 or so but honestly I dont think its worth the price. I like my DRLs and all but thats only because it came with my car (2006)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts