Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,

Are there any members on here from the DC area? I'm a student at George Mason and I'm looking for a place to hand wash my car when I head back up to school in a week or so.

Last spring I used a coin operated do it yourself car wash over in Manassas. But I'm wondering if anyone knows a place where I could hook up my own hose or something, because I don't like using the recycled water at the do it yourself places.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

·
Car Customizer/Consultant
780 Posts
I'm in the DC area but know of no such places. Actually, come to think fo it. My cousin works at Brown's Fairfax Mazda in Fairfax(Right down the street from GMU). I could ask him if you can wash the car there for a small fee. They have a hose hookup

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late response. That would be great if you could ask. A small fee, as long as it is compareable to the car wash place, would be fine with me. I really do dislike using that recycled water. Can't be good for your paint.

·
08 White Honda Accord
293 Posts
haha wow, i go to mason too and all i can think about is where i can wash my car. I spent all of last semester looking for a hose hookup.
1. we should have a mini meet, i have 2 other friends with accords at mason, ill be in rappahanock.
2.Hook a brother up with a wash lol

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
I'm like 2 seconds away from George Mason. (I'm not there yet as I'm still at NOVA but I'll be there in a semester or two.) I've looked far and wide for a hose hook up and never found one. I wash my car at the Citgo across from the IHOP in Fairfax. Not sure if they use recycled water but I've been washing my car there for some time with no ill effects. They actually just upgraded there wash bays. Just use there low pressure rinse for the body and only use high pressure on the wheels. And NEVER use there brush on your paint.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm like 2 seconds away from George Mason. (I'm not there yet as I'm still at NOVA but I'll be there in a semester or two.) I've looked far and wide for a hose hook up and never found one. I wash my car at the Citgo across from the IHOP in Fairfax. Not sure if they use recycled water but I've been washing my car there for some time with no ill effects. They actually just upgraded there wash bays. Just use there low pressure rinse for the body and only use high pressure on the wheels. And NEVER use there brush on your paint.
Im one of the Accord owners 757accord mentions. I take my car to the same Citgo gas station to wash my car too! See you at Mason in a semester or two, or we should have a meet...

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't know of any place...just wanted to chime in becuase I'm in the area!

Sorry lol

I know it's not often but Honda washes for free everytime you get serviced

·
08 White Honda Accord
293 Posts
I dont trust honda to wash my car.....

btw this thread should prolly be moved to the east coast section

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow small world, haha. We should definitely have a meet up. I'm over in the Apps, so on campus. Didn't know citgo had one of those wash bays. Sounds like its the same thing thats over in Manassas, so I guess if we can't find a hose hook up at least that will save a drive.

Lookin forward to meeting yall.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump because of my late reply and it disapeared from the front page pretty quick.

·
08 White Honda Accord
293 Posts
Look what i found :D

http://www.ditymechanics.com/index.html

its a place that lets u rent work bays to wash and work on your car its about 20 an hour but it gives ppl like me who have no place to work on my car cause im so far away from home a place to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, are there enough DC, MD, VA members here to put together a Fall meet or something in the NOVA area or even a trip to Skyline? I'm new to the DA community, but have been reading the threads for for a while looking for 411.

I've only really seen one other G8 Accord in my immediate area so looking for others to connect with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks interesting. Since that is an Acura forum we need to have some accords join in the fun it's all in the family.

So how many people here would be interested in this cruise? I'm in more for Skyline.
http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786104

Tentative meeting points for this cruise. I'm not a member of that forum so maybe someone should connect and let them know if we are planning on joining in.

Since everyone is worried about distance and long drives etc. I say we just ride the Skyline.

We can do what we have been doing for the past several years.

4 Rally points. One meet spot before heading into Skyline together.

Legs 1-3 meeting 10:00am to depart at 11:00am meeting at the final rally point in Manassas at noon. Leaving Leg 4 at 1:30PM sharp to head to Skyline.

-Leg 1 White Flint mall (Rockville, MD/Top level of the garage near Dave & Busters)

-Leg 2 Arundel Mills mall (Baltimore/PA. area/Other N states)

-Leg 3 10400 Eaton Pl Fairfax VA 22030 (NOVA/Office building lot)

-Leg 4 11380 Bulloch Dr, Manassas, VA 20109 Off Rt.66 (Final rally point/ Separate parking lot on your left)

More Northern & Southern VA or other states can create their own leg to head to the final rally point.

AFTER THE FINAL RALLY POINT WE WILL GATHER EVERYONE AND DISCUSS TRAVELING TO SKYLINE.

The reason why we have these is to encourage people to ride out together and it increases the chances of people coming to these meets. Not everyone wants to drive alone to somewhere further away. This also helps to organize and transit people who aren't so great with directions. It would be ideal to have a captain for each leg to lead the way.

-We are going to have to call the park and notify them of our group rolling in.

Common sense rules apply. No speeding, racing, burning out, reckless behavior. If you want to fall off 1000-10904 feet from the air onto your death, Be my guest. They also have oncoming traffic too.

This meet could be more of a chill cruise and a chance to enjoy scenery.

I have a mini grill we could use to get the hamburgers and such going if anyone is hungry up there.

The Manassas rally point has many restaurants people could dine in. So if you want to grub before heading to the mountains, do so if you please.

Any other suggestions welcome. Just thought I could help.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

·
Car Customizer/Consultant
780 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts