Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for starting a new thread, but I just ordered a 35w raptor ballast and 5000k H1 bulbs along with a relay harness.

Is this all I need?

I have the morimoto minis and have already shaved the base of the H1 bulbs.

Does the red and black wires with the pins connect into the stock harness?

I want to be sure before I start taking off the bumper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock accord low beams are 9006, but the projectors I ordered are H1. Do I require an adapter? I have yet to see anyone mention the adapter after reading numerous DIYs on retrofits.

I'll post a picture when I get home.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I completed the retrofit and installed a relay with the 35w ballasts as well. They fired up right away and so far everything is in order!

A few things I noted...

The shrouds are so hard to fit over the projectors that I broke the clips and glued them on instead.

It is so tedious aligning the cutoffs, took a lot of screwing and unscrewing of the headlights.

I would recommend using a heat gun for retrofits because after baking them, watermarks appear inside the projectors. Does not affect the lighting, but you can tell if you look real close. Now I know that I can't take my car to shows -_-

The headlight was substantially easier to open the second time around (opened the first time just to blackhouse) meaning the OEM sealant was getting weaker. I added silicone to make sure it is properly sealed.

Lastly, I noticed a lot of people mounting ballasts to bumpers or to the headlights. If they fail for any reason wouldn't you want them to be accessed without taking off the bumper again? I went the cheap route and ordered from DDM tuning so hopefully nothing happens ::crossing fingers:: I taped and zip tied them in an area right behind the headlights that can be reached without moving or taking any part off.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks! I completed the retrofit and installed a relay with the 35w ballasts as well. They fired up right away and so far everything is in order!

A few things I noted...

The shrouds are so hard to fit over the projectors that I broke the clips and glued them on instead.

It is so tedious aligning the cutoffs, took a lot of screwing and unscrewing of the headlights.

I would recommend using a heat gun for retrofits because after baking them, watermarks appear inside the projectors. Does not affect the lighting, but you can tell if you look real close. Now I know that I can't take my car to shows -_-

The headlight was substantially easier to open the second time around (opened the first time just to blackhouse) meaning the OEM sealant was getting weaker. I added silicone to make sure it is properly sealed.

Lastly, I noticed a lot of people mounting ballasts to bumpers or to the headlights. If they fail for any reason wouldn't you want them to be accessed without taking off the bumper again? I went the cheap route and ordered from DDM tuning so hopefully nothing happens ::crossing fingers:: I taped and zip tied them in an area right behind the headlights that can be reached without moving or taking any part off.
i dont even think my shrouds are "locked" in by the clips lol. i just put the silicone around it and stuck it in there.
i think my cut off is a few degrees away from being horizontal but im too lazy to adjust them haha
and i have DDM as well and mounted my ballast right under the headlight housing. i know it might be bad cause of no air circulation or whatever but ehh. its still good since i did it in the summer. so hopefully itll be ok.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had it aligned and all, but when I went to put the shrouds on, it was near impossible. Ended up knocking the cutoff line off, breaking a clip, and not going on so I just broke all the clips and glued it. Had to readjust the cutoff, but in the end... I have HIDs in projectors. Learned a lot by doing it myself. Total cost was around $170 too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts