Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have these on their Accord ? I just got the 5k kit for my 2014 V6 accord and the ballast connect to the OEM harness does not fit and wont click in all the way. The ballast connector is too big. Anyone have this issue ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
DDM ballast

The ddm ballast are made with the generic 9006/9005 connectors. You have to use the pigtails that came with the kit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Happened to me first time as well. I was using the wrong connector and I also had to carefully push out those two metal prongs inside so it will click in. Try flipping it around. It was trial and error until I got it to work.

I have the 4500k and I am very happy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone have these on their Accord ? I just got the 5k kit for my 2014 V6 accord and the ballast connect to the OEM harness does not fit and wont click in all the way. The ballast connector is too big. Anyone have this issue ?
The ddm ballast are made with the generic 9006/9005 connectors. You have to use the pigtails that came with the kit.
This is what I noticed as well. I have the exact same kit but ordered two sets just in case (which was a good thing since one HID bulb was loose in the factory headlight housing). I did what nowRlater suggested and have had no issues since I got it working (knock of wood). :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went Morimoto all the way, from TRS. 35W 5000K h11b. Would not change a thing.
No offense & it's great that you are happy with your purchase but how does your response really help the OP or answer his/her question? :scratch:

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Happened to me first time as well. I was using the wrong connector and I also had to carefully push out those two metal prongs inside so it will click in. Try flipping it around. It was trial and error until I got it to work.
I've seen this problem too in the past, put the two mating connectors side by side and eyeball to see if the spacing between the prongs align with the mating part, adjust with a pair of needle-nose pliers an try again, it should work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No offense & it's great that you are happy with your purchase but how does your response really help the OP or answer his/her question? :scratch:
Thread police? #nosey

Didn't realize I couldn't comment unless it "helps" him. Smh

I had no connector issues. So if he wants a trouble free kit, mine was great. He just bought his kit so if he doesn't like the color, connectors, fit, ect after he installs it, he now has another source. Not a big deal. I made the comment because I just recently purchased a HID kit for my new Honda too, not that anyone here has to answer to you. Don't be thread bully. Nobody likes those. Lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have bought 8 sets, from ddm, they are all very good. Good quality, and have a good life span.

Love the set on my car, and on my truck, and on my dads truck. Install was a breeze.

Lifetime warranty is great.

Only complaint is getting the temperature of the hids correct, they have a tendency to send out wrong colors lol.

I run my head lights on during the day and night, so theyre constantly on. No problems as of yet.

You can buy whatever you want though. If paying more money makes you feel more secure go ahead.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thread police? #nosey

Didn't realize I couldn't comment unless it "helps" him. Smh

I had no connector issues. So if he wants a trouble free kit, mine was great. He just bought his kit so if he doesn't like the color, connectors, fit, ect after he installs it, he now has another source. Not a big deal. I made the comment because I just recently purchased a HID kit for my new Honda too, not that anyone here has to answer to you. Don't be thread bully. Nobody likes those. Lol
LOL. I was being honest when I said I meant no offense. I've been in the OP's position before and it gets frustrating sometimes when people don't answer the question (you're desperately trying to get an answer to) all while they insist that the sky is blue in South Africa, etc. :dunno:

So again, I meant no harm. Lighten up...it's a jungle out there! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does DDM oftentimes send kits in the wrong color temperature? I find the the new 4500K HID kit I recently ordered for the Accord is significantly more blue than the DDM 5000K HID kit I bought several years ago.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does DDM oftentimes send kits in the wrong color temperature? I find the the new 4500K HID kit I recently ordered for the Accord is significantly more blue than the DDM 5000K HID kit I bought several years ago.
I had heard that DDM's color charts were slightly off. For instance the 5000K HIDs I got seem pure white without a hint of blue which I believe they should have.

It sounds like they may have made a mistake and sent you the wrong kit. They didn't mess either one of my orders so I'm not sure how commonplace it is for them.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
The DDM 6000's that I have ordered (twice) have been more blue than anticipated. They have lasted a good long time though. The only thing that stinks is they ship directly out of China and it takes a while to get them ><

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
I had heard that DDM's color charts were slightly off. For instance the 5000K HIDs I got seem pure white without a hint of blue which I believe they should have.

It sounds like they may have made a mistake and sent you the wrong kit. They didn't mess either one of my orders so I'm not sure how commonplace it is for them.
The 5000 should be pure white, no blue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Interestingly, one bulb from DDM was different color from the other one. Both 5000K. I thought they shipped wrong ones or that something was wrong with the ballasts, but the bulbs seem to be same color now after 2 months or so.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
I had this exact issue. Here are two things I did to make the lights work.

I found that you have to use the extension wire ("pig tail") that is attached to the bulb (the one that everyone tells you to just remove and discard). Remove the wire from the rest and use it to connect. I believe you don't need this wire if you have a coupe based on some postings on this board, but you seem to need it if you have a sedan.

Second, you need to reverse the polarity on the connector (i.e., twist or rotate 180 degrees). The support page of DDM's site says that Accord has reversed polarity. Unfortunately, when you do this, the connectors would not "click" but I haven't had any troubles.

With these steps, my DDM works just fine.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts