Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my car yesterday had a rough start but it still turned. I had the car car charged for atleast a half an hour but it still turned over pretty hard, I did a spark plug tune up on thec car during summer and I also bought a dura last gold battery about 7 months ago.....

Car is an 07 and has about 100k miles on this.....any solutions guys? Thanks for all your help!

:) :/

·
Super Moderator
4,310 Posts
Have your charging system tested. It could be the alternator or battery. Also check the connections on the battery.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm gonna sand the terminals a bit and fully charge the batt to see if it'll hold a charge

I also did the negative off with car running to test the alternator, it continued running
without hesitation

Will update when I figure it out

·
6,322 Posts
What brand s. plugs did you use? Prob not the problem but can affect performance.

You may need new battery cables since if you had corrosion at the cable ends it can extend under the plastic/rubber coating.

If the serpentine belt is slipping it can affect the battery holding the charge. Someone on here was just talking about that in another thread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im pretty sure the sparks are laser iridium, i forget the specific type something like ngk?
im currently trying to charge the battery off a trickle charger to see if itll hold. I noticed the arrow for the timing belt is not lined up which means i need to replace my belt,

maybe my car wasnt supplying enough power for the battery to fully charge and maybe the battery wont hold a charge because of it?

When i got home and turned the key on the battery was even more dead than when i had checked it this morning >.<

Im hoping a new battery and replacing the timing belt may fix the problem

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Measure the voltage at the battery while the car is running, if you see 14 volts and up then the alternator is charging, so unless you have something that is constantly draining your battery, it is likely just the old battery needing to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts