Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to see what the consensus is.

Short story:

My car was in an accident back in 2007 and dealer-performed body work is not holding up 100%. It's been close to 8 years and the car has changed owners (from original owner to me). Is there any scenario in which the dealer that did the original work would do anything about this (if there's any warranty on the work at all)? Will it depend on the policy of the specific Honda dealer?

Longer story:

I'm the second owner of my 2006 Accord. It was in a rear end collision within a month of its original purchase from the dealership and the original owner had all of the repairs done through the dealer. I have the invoice from the work done -- many thousands of dollars.

I recently had some minor body work done and casually asked the body shop tech about an area on a rear quarter panel that's been slightly raised with some paint peeling for the past few years.

With no pressure for doing the repair, he told me that it was a telltale sign of some poor body work done. Something to do with a weld in the area. It's no where near affecting the drivability of the car, and I don't intend to go out of my way too much to fix it. Just curious if the dealer work has any sort of warranty that might cover this.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Just had body work done on my 13 Accord after an accident and the paperwork included the warranty. The dealer who did the work on my car claims that it's warranted for the life of the car. The catch is in the interpretation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very interesting. I will look for any fine print on the invoice and ask the dealer after I've done more homework.

Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts