Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer has a 2013 EX-L Sedan I4 CVT with 5600 miles, demo vehicle. It is discounted $3000.00 (US Dollars) off the MSRP. Would this be a fair price to pay?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would push them for more than 3k. The car is now 1 year old, and has 5600 miles on it, the only plus is that you are getting the full warranty on it since it's a demo (I think that's the way it works with a demo right?), so I would price it as a used car worth 70% of MSRP and give them $500-1000 for the extra warranty you are getting.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
i got my brand-new, still in the plastic EX-L coupe for more than $3k off sticker. This is NOT a good deal. It is a USED car now. If you are interested, push for more than $3k off.

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Dealer has a 2013 EX-L with 5600 miles, demo vehicle. It is discounted $3000.00 (US Dollars) off the MSRP. Would this be a fair price to pay?

Thanks
$3000 off the MSRP is reasonable if it were new. You should be able to get twice that off. It's a leftover, its probably been driven hard by countless testers and is basically a used car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
not a good deal

·
Registered
227 Posts
The car still qualifies for new car financing. The dealer will not likely take a loss on the car (sell below it's cost) on a popular model.

Yes you can likely get the same price on a similar car with very few miles.

Will you get 6000 off of that car? A very unlikely probability of that.

Back to is it fair. I suppose that depends on how you define fair.

Bottom line, you will not buy that car for 6000 off MSRP.

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
Definitely needs to be discounted more than $3,000. I too got $3,000 off my new Accord (7 miles on the odometer) and when I test drove their demo I drove it like I stole it and I'm sure everyone else did too. Not saying you shouldn't buy a demo, but although its never been titled, in my eyes it's still used as it was used for a purpose.

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's like buying a rental car. Nope...

·
Home of the Hunters
75 Posts
I wouldn't consider that a good deal I more than that off my v6 EXL navi, plus 5600 miles is a lot for a new car that people been peeling out and farting in lol

·
5 Speed CVT
148 Posts
i don't know, personally i wouldn't buy that, but it's depend on yourself. it's not virgin anymore lol....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Shouldn't you be able to get the same amount off on the same car with 3 miles? I don't know why anyone would do this.

·
Registered
884 Posts
dem·o 1 (dm)
n. pl. dem·os Informal
a. A demonstration, as of a product or service.
b. A brief tape or recording illustrating the abilities of a musician or other performer.
2. A product, such as an automobile, used for demonstration and often sold later at a discount.
demo v.
dem·o 2 (dm)
n. Informal
Demolish

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would not pay that for a demo with 5000 miles on it. I would should for a new 2013 for that price. They need to drop the price further if it is a dealer demo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dealer has a 2013 EX-L Sedan with 5600 miles, demo vehicle. It is discounted $3000.00 (US Dollars) off the MSRP. Would this be a fair price to pay?

Thanks
Not a good deal...as others have mentioned you can get into new 2013's for $3000 (or more) off sticker. Avoid this one and go new. I wouldn't even try to budge with it period. 5600 miles or not. The very little more they are willing to discount wouldn't be worth it to me. I'd just go brand new.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Not worth a penny more than $5,500 off.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree with the idea that the demo is like a used car and should be 5 - 6 k off MSRP.

It will very likely sell for up to 3k off. Someone will pay that, so if the price ins't fair, go with a 2014 for about 2500 - 3000 off

·
Registered
506 Posts
i got my brand-new, still in the plastic EX-L coupe for more than $3k off sticker. This is NOT a good deal. It is a USED car now. If you are interested, push for more than $3k off.
Incorrect in the literal sense. The car is brand new until titled.
But absolutely request more money off.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Incorrect in the literal sense. The car is brand new until titled.
But absolutely request more money off.
It is TECHNICALLY a new car. Just like a rental car technically only had "one owner".

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Honda gives $2k demo bonus so $2k under invoice PLUS
make sure the warranty starts from whatever mileage is on the car aka 36k miles + 5600= your basic warranty should last until 41,600 miles. And make sure it's documented!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts