Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a question, today I got a letter in the mail from a local dealership and they are making me an offer to trade-in my car.Its an 07 Accord sedan LX V6 AT with 105,xxx miles I am just wondering if they sent letters to random customers, or they just want to get rid of their new inventory that's why they make offers to their customers? Has somebody else got this type of letters?

BTW the only car I will consider its the Accord Sport MT in White. :thumbsup:
here is a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll probably go this weekend and ask them about it I'm just curious now. Last time I went they were trying to sell me an LX sedan :thumbsdow
since they didn't had any Sport in the lot, We'll see.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
I'll probably go this weekend and ask them about it I'm just curious now.
Have you ever taken your car to their service department ? They've got you on a mailing list somehow ...

I used to get "letters" like this all the time from our local Chevy dealership when we used to be a mini-van family. And they usually came around month end just like this.

You've been targeted as a potential buyer of a new(er) car because you have a vehicle they can do a quick flip on ... Just old enough with the right amount of mileage that they can put minimal money into it to double their money on a trade in. They'll dazzle you with pretty hard to get a car off their lot in time for month end - more so when they know your trade in is a prime candidate for a quick flip.

If you are serious about a new Accord Sport, this is something you could take advantage of - just have you're eyes open and know the value of your car before you go !!

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
The Stealership can take my Honda when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

They charged me $1.85 for the power steering's rubber o-ring.
They charge me full price for everything if I can't wait to order online at 1/3 the price.

I can't reward them....I have to stop the cycle.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've gotten those types of letters before. It's just a marketing tactic to get you to buy a new car. They aren't particularly looking for the type of car that you have, you were probably a good customer before and that's how they selected you. They even sent one to us when we had our Fit and I seriously doubt they were at a shortage for those.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the info I appreciate it. So most likely is just a marketing tactic to buy their car, is a win win for the dealer they will not give me top dollar for my car so they can make a profit and also make a profit on the new car they want to sell me, I see the point now. :thmsup:

The only service they've done to my car there was the Power steering hose recall, that's it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I got a different (but similar) letter from the place I bought my car saying they are short on 2004 accords and that I would usually get ~$4000 for it, but if I come in now they will give me ~$8000 for it. Pretty sure when I look up my trade in value it is around $8000. I just threw the letter in the trash.

It is funny though.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,650 Posts
Seen these before. If they want your car that bad, all the more reason to keep it.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
I got one of those as well for my 2007 i4 SE. The dealer offered my Blue book price and a $3000 discount plus an additional $2000 cash discount on top of existing offers.

I went in and talked to the guy I bought mine off of and he said they are very high demand and selling at almost the same price as 8th gens. Not sure exactly what is making them so desirable over used 8th gens though.

·
Registered
804 Posts
i get those all the time from my honda dealer and my girlfriend get them from her toyota dealer.. its just a way to get you in the door and hopefully make a sell, nothing more...

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
I went in and talked to the guy I bought mine off of and he said they are very high demand and selling at almost the same price as 8th gens. Not sure exactly what is making them so desirable over used 8th gens though.
There was a discussion on the 8th Gen forum I was following for a while....the 8th Gen got panned by a lot of people. They would buy one, and many would sell immediately. The seats were not comfortable, it squeaked and rattled, etc. This was more than the usual "first year of a new model" problems.

I've actually decided that my next Accord will be a 2014 Accord- which I will buy in 2016...No 8th Gen for me, thank you.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The post it note just made it really cheesy.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,137 Posts
Those are mass mailers sent to everyone on this planet that they have an address for. It is a tactic to bring in mullets. Mullets are stupid baitfish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts