Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car (6 month old 2015 Accord EX-L) today from Planet Honda NJ after an oil change and I noticed that they scratched my door handle and my driver's side tint on the glass. What can I do about it?

2nd edit: My dashcam was also on and I recorded them saying they would love to take my car home.

Edit: Here is the email I sent the customer service manager and the service department quality survery email right after I got home with the car:

Planet Honda,

Today I picked up my car that was in for an oil change and a repair for a humming noise coming from the radio. Immediately after pulling out from the dealer, I noticed these scratches on my door handle (photo attached to this email).

I thoroughly inspected my vehicle before dropping it off and even took some photographs of the interior so I know those new scratches weren't there.

Needless to say, I am very distraught about the lack of care the cars receive while left with the techs. I'm contemplating initiating a small claims for this, and will absolutely write about my experience on the Honda forums. One positive note was that Mr. Ramos, the service provider, was nice and helpful.

My Cell: My vehicle Vin#:

Best,
OP

·
Registered
202 Posts
One thing to consider is a mobile phone video walk around. We did this when picking up a rental car in LA last Summer.

Video walk around (and interior it sounds like) before service. *shrug?*

·
Registered
792 Posts
OP, do you always go on public forums and open threads about your personal problems?

Go to the dealership, talk to the service manager and demand that the door handle be replaced and your window retinted at the shop you got your windows originally done.

You asking what you could do about it is like saying "I saw my girlfirend/wife kissing another woman, what can I do about it?"

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not much you can do about those scratches but once the dealer after a service broke my passenger side window. I went back in right there and then and made sure to tell them upfront and blunt (I was polite, just not sugarcoating anything), and they repaired it for free.

I was just pissed at them not having the courtesy to tell me that they broke it. I'm sure the maintenance guy driving out my car to the parking lot would've seen the mirror.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Since you didn't notice the damage before driving off from the dealer the longer you take to bring it to their attention the more it hurts your chances on an agreeable solution. Unless of course you were typing the original post from your iPad while sitting in the service manager's office.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Add it to the price of not doing your own oil changes?

Serious answer: complain to the service manager and hope they give you some charity. There's no way of proving you didn't do the damage at this point so charity is all you can hope for.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
849 Posts
I had a rim scratched by the dealer. I caught it before i left so they couldn't deny. Plus they had also washed my car and everything was cleaned except the tire and rim that had white residue. They gave me a new rim.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Did you do anything about it?
I noticed I had scratches on interior trim, things ive never touched before but I didn't care enough to complain. Very minor things in the grand scheme of things. I made the mistake of buying my car at night, since it was new I didnt think about these things.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a rim scratched by the dealer. I caught it before i left so they couldn't deny. Plus they had also washed my car and everything was cleaned except the tire and rim that had white residue. They gave me a new rim.
If you care about your paint NEVER have the dealership wash your vehicle.

Unless you really like polishing your paint.

·
Roll Tide!
7,660 Posts
What can I do about it?
You, like an overwhelming majority of Americans, have done the expected; you've taken to the interweb. :x

OP, do you always go on public forums and open threads about your personal problems?

Go to the dealership, talk to the service manager and demand that the door handle be replaced and your window retinted at the shop you got your windows originally done.
I doubt he always goes to "public forums" such as DA. He was probably locked out of his Facebook account where he could post his feelings and have his "friends" stroke his ego a little.

Go to the dealership? Sha! As if. One does NOT get participation trophies by communicating and resolving conflict face-to-face. ;)

don't be a punk.
this times eleventy-billion.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
849 Posts
If you care about your paint NEVER have the dealership wash your vehicle.

Unless you really like polishing your paint.
That was before i was going to get it clayed and polished so i didn't care.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE On Dealer Scratching MY Car- Video included

The dealer has agreed to fix and replace all the scratches, MAYBE because my dashcam recorded the techs saying that they wanted to "Take my car home for the night and bring it back in the am"!!!!.

The two employees in the video got fired, and the managers are treating me real good now. I found a scratch on my door handle, driver's window tint, the left door vynil/leather panel, and a small scratch on my rear bumper. It's as if the techs got in my car with some nasty screwdrivers. And I'm 100% sure those scratches weren't there as I took a video before dropping the car off.

Here are the links to the videos:

EVERYONE SHOULD CONSIDER GETTING A DASH CAM

·
Registered
216 Posts
They got fired for saying they wanted to take your car home for the night? Your videos provide zero proof that they scratched your car or that the scratches weren't already there. You got more out of that dealer than I would have given you. I would say turn the dash cam around when you take it in for service so it records what is actually happening inside your vehicle, if possible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They got fired for saying they wanted to take your car home for the night? Your videos provide zero proof that they scratched your car or that the scratches weren't already there. You got more out of that dealer than I would have given you. I would say turn the dash cam around when you take it in for service so it records what is actually happening inside your vehicle, if possible.
Oh wow that's a good idea. I hope I remember it. And I took a short video clip when I dropped off the car with my phone that validates I didn't have any scratches.

(edited out)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts