Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the flurry of replies starts, I'll say this:
Yes, I know you can do this yourself with the right tools. That's not my question.

Hopefully someone has some experience to answer this:
What should you expect to pay in labor cost (not for the spoiler itself) if you had it installed by the dealer?

TIA

·
Registered
851 Posts
Est. time of installation = x.
labor cost for Honda = $120
so, x * 120 = A
Now take A and add state taxes, in nj its 7%
in conclusion, its like this
est. time of installation is 1 hour at 120 an hour. so that's $120 plus 7%tax so that equals $128.40
find out labor time in installing the spoiler =D
you just answered your own question than =D

·
Registered
197 Posts
I charge 1.5 hrs of labor so its 150 $ I'm a tech don't let them charge you more if they do ask them to show you the Honda interactive network n print out accessories labors ........
Wow I can get fired for that LOL

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Go to an auto body shop, they're much cheaper. Bargain with them, offer them cash, and tell them you don't need a receipt. Prices will go down.

Note: avoiding paying taxes is illegal, and I do not condone it any illegal action.

Just curious, how much did you pay for the spoiler?

I charge 1.5 hrs of labor so its 150 $ I'm a tech don't let them charge you more if they do ask them to show you the Honda interactive network n print out accessories labors ........
Wow I can get fired for that LOL
it's great having a Honda tech on this forum!:thmsup::notworthy

·
Registered
339 Posts
I actually asked my local dealer about how much it would cost to put a deck lid on my sedan. they said $485.60 total, $356 being parts. so $129.60 for labor i guess, could also vary.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. That at least gives me a good ballpark.

I haven't gotten it yet (installation cost impacts when/if I will) but I was looking at them at HandA (http://www.handa-accessories.com/accext08.html).

Definitely cheaper than Honda's price, but I'm not sure I care enough for the parts+labor total.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got the Honda wing spoiler & had it attached at a decent body shop for between $75-$100 bucks & that's a lot more involved than a lip spoiler (changing the springs, wiring for the 3rd brake light, etc).

I 2nd the idea of shopping around for an independent body-shop to do it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I asked the Honda dealer at millwoods Honda in Edmonton Canada and they said they wouldn't install the new 2011 spoiler because of the part number? They asked if it was a Honda part and I told them it was but they knew nothing about the new spoiler and didn't recognize the part #. They said maybe it's a Honda of America item. That shouldn't matter? I even gave them the YouTube link how to install the spoiler. I guess that doesn't say much about Honda Canada? I was just curious how much they would charge? I will probably do it myself. I also got a quote of $50 from a bodyshop I used a lot in the past with my old car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Since I got a ding in the side of my coupe (which costs $550 to fix due to size and where it is) I brought it to an awesome body shop my DEALER uses to fix dents.

They quoted me 147.85 for the spoiler itself, and offered to install for free since it would be there. He said it would MAYBE take them 1/2 hour to do it.

Just some more info. From the dealer, it'll be a rip-off

·
Registered
239 Posts
I asked the Honda dealer at millwoods Honda in Edmonton Canada and they said they wouldn't install the new 2011 spoiler because of the part number? They asked if it was a Honda part and I told them it was but they knew nothing about the new spoiler and didn't recognize the part #. They said maybe it's a Honda of America item. That shouldn't matter? I even gave them the YouTube link how to install the spoiler. I guess that doesn't say much about Honda Canada? I was just curious how much they would charge? I will probably do it myself. I also got a quote of $50 from a bodyshop I used a lot in the past with my old car.
my dealer has plenty of the new 2011 lip spoilers installed on different cars.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I put on the 2011 spoiler on my car with no problems. Who cares about the part number? It fits.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I guess I gotta be "That Guy". DO IT YOUR SELF. IT IS SUPER EASY A MONKEY COULD DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts