Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters 1995 Accord coupe LX has been getting an upper cylinder rattle on the LT side of the engine. Almost sounds like a bad wrist pin. The engine is smooth on throttle but has a nasty sounding rattle as RPMs drop. I thought it may be a heat shield but just took a better look and the heat shields are in good shape. Any ideas? Do these engines have issues with connecting rod bearings? The car has the original engine, no engine mods other than a cold air intake and is an automatic transmission. My thought is to swap in a performance oriented 4cyl and change over to a 5 speed transmission. The car has been completely redone regarding body, paint, interior and about every accessory on the engine not to mention complete brake system, lines, hoses, master cylinder, calipers, rotors, backing plates, drums, springs, shoes, all fuel lines, hoses, new suspension, rims, tires, exhaust. I just saying, I'm in too deep to turn around now. We live in New England and it is never driven in the winter but I am looking for a shop that can handle the swap "turn key" or if there is a common issue that does not require an engine rebuild on the current power plant; any advise would be great!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts