Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planing on getting the stock v6 deck lid spoiler fro my i4. I heard about mag auto and was wondering if they are replicas or actually made by honda for whole sale prices. If anyone has ordered one can they tell me about the quality and if it came with a template for drilling. Does paint match exactly to the car. And other sites i can purchase the exact deck lid spoiler for a Polished Metal Metalic. Please help me out

·
20th Gear
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
198 Posts
im planing on getting the stock v6 deck lid spoiler fro my i4. I heard about mag auto and was wondering if they are replicas or actually made by honda for whole sale prices. If anyone has ordered one can they tell me about the quality and if it came with a template for drilling. Does paint match exactly to the car. And other sites i can purchase the exact deck lid spoiler for a Polished Metal Metalic. Please help me out
:wave:Yes, MagAuto is actually a Honda dealer outside Richmond, VA and sells real Honda parts. I don't think the spoiler comes with a template as it is not an acessory part for I4's but a replacement part for V6 Coupes. Paint match exactly to vehicle color.:nuts:

·
Registered
20 Posts
what tape works best to hold it on and can you even us it ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you ever spend your time to search this board, you can find hundreds of answers because there are people asking for this every week.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you ever spend your time to search this board, you can find hundreds of answers because there are people asking for this every week.
True, but then we wouldn't have anything to talk about. :lmao:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
True, but then we wouldn't have anything to talk about. :lmao:
And shut this forum down. 90% of all questions have been discussed so far.

The only thing not talked about is to swap a J37 V6 and SH-AWD into an Accord. I'm sure we'll cover that subject 10 years from now when some high school kid will successfully complete this mod.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would rather have my deck lid bolted on. im sure the tape works great too and is very inexpensive

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
i would rather have my deck lid bolted on. im sure the tape works great too and is very inexpensive
Keep in mind the reason why aftermarket is "cheap" is because it's just a piece of plastic. You can bolt on, and there are a few ways, but that involves more cost. OEM includes both bolts and tape. So you'll need tape anyway.

Also, with tape only. When you just put it on, you can still take it off before it's set. Just incase it does not lined up properly. Believe me, your steady hand all of a sudden becomes shaky.

And without a template, you have to be 100% sure where to make drills. All the moons and stars must lined up. If it's off, you are SOL. And it's permanent.

True, there are downside in using tape only too. Mostly that it will come off over time. I'll assume you'll wash your car a few times a year. That is a good time to check to make sure all is good. If there are signs of weakness, then you can take care of it, way ahead of time, before it falls off somewhere.

·
Registered
333 Posts
^yes and no

BTW if you choose to go with the bolt-on method, the spoiler will cover up the mistakes anyway incase you misdrilled a spot or whatever. I am also wanting to get a inspire decklid and I want to bolt it on also, just waiting for Stephen to get some more in....

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
^yes and no

BTW if you choose to go with the bolt-on method, the spoiler will cover up the mistakes anyway incase you misdrilled a spot or whatever. I am also wanting to get a inspire decklid and I want to bolt it on also, just waiting for Stephen to get some more in....
True. But no one would be that off. Most likely one would be 1 to 3 mm off. And that would still be drilling the same hole(s).

·
Registered
333 Posts
True. But no one would be that off. Most likely one would be 1 to 3 mm off. And that would still be drilling the same hole(s).
Yep that is right but I am just saying in case someone [email protected]$kz up that bad...

good quality 3M tape won't fall off. I've got my roof spoiler on only with 3M tape. If you're fine in drilling your trunk and break the clear coat/paint/primer barrier, just be aware of potential rust problems down the road.
Correct, those drilled holes should be covered up with touch-paint, as instructed by CHH, so there won't be potential rust in the future.

·
Registered
833 Posts
good quality 3M tape won't fall off. I've got my roof spoiler on only with 3M tape. If you're fine in drilling your trunk and break the clear coat/paint/primer barrier, just be aware of potential rust problems down the road.
+1

A good quality 3M tape will last for years to come if you prep the surface right before doing the application.

I still prefer to do 3M tape provided it's reversible and I don't have to deal with drilling and doing paint prep work.

The good thing about the OEM spoiler on Coupe is you can remove those bolts inserts and only do 3M tape application.

The OEM sedan deck lid spoiler, however, has the bolts molded in the spoiler so you can't remove those bolts to do 3M tape application. You have to drill to attach the spoiler unless you cut off all bolts and file them down.

The original Inspire counterpart is same as Coupe spoiler, comes with removable bolts so you can do 3M tape application, IIRC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts