Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the factory decklid lip spoiler on my '07 EX-L. It came with the stronger hinges, which I installed. Something's amiss though. When I pop the trunk, the lid barely comes up off of the bumper and requires a pretty serious effort to lift up. Once all the way up it'll stay, but it doesn't take much to get it coming down. A light breeze blew it down the other day while I was getting stuff out of the trunk and the latch caught me square in the top of the head. After I stopped seeing stars, I decided it's time to fix this. I've tried both spring locations, and they make little to no difference. HELP!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmm weird. i just got mine installed as well. i didnt even change the springs OR the positions on them. i basically just slapped on the decklid and thats it. it IS a little heavier but i havent had problems with it slamming down yet. havent really been in really windy days yet though..

how did you change yours?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,509 Posts
Are we talking about a deck-lid spoiler, or wing spoiler? Doesn't seem like the deck-lid spoiler would require the stronger springs. I know the "wing" spoiler does, but it's probably 5 times the weight. The wing spoiler was installed on my car when I bought it, so I'm sure the dealership installed the stronger spring. The trunk lid pops up just a little, but it's not hard to lift, and it hasn't come down on me yet (7 years).

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
Are you positive you installed the heavy duty springs properly? Sounds like they were put in backwards or something.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um - I keep typing hinge, but mean spring. I don't have the wing, just the spoiler. I've checked against the install directions, and THINK I've done it properly. Guess I need to find a car on a lot and check out how it works/looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts