Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
FYI I had my car inspected at the dealer and they didn’t mention anything regarding tune. They checked engine and transmission computer and sent info to Honda coorporate. Spoke to coorporate and nothing with them either. The dealer I went to is a mile away from Honda coorperate America. That dealer is the go to dealer of coorporate Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the hondata tune for my accord 2.0 T and installed the stage 2 calibration but for some reason, when I launch off the line, the turbo gauge keeps jumping off the top and you can hear the turbo do "psh psh psh psh", is this just the turbo trying to air out a bit or is it leaking? Anyone experiencing anything similar?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the hondata tune for my accord 2.0 T and installed the stage 2 calibration but for some reason, when I launch off the line, the turbo gauge keeps jumping off the top and you can hear the turbo do "psh psh psh psh", is this just the turbo trying to air out a bit or is it leaking? Anyone experiencing anything similar?
Your "Boost Gauge" is an indication of your boost pressure... with the stage two tune you'll be running more then 1.5 bar (21 psi) which is where the gauge stops, the noise your hearing is your waste gate releasing excess pressure when you let of the throttle or shift. All very common

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your "Boost Gauge" is an indication of your boost pressure... with the stage two tune you'll be running more then 1.5 bar (21 psi) which is where the gauge stops, the noise your hearing is your waste gate releasing excess pressure when you let of the throttle or shift. All very common
Oh ok, thanks for the reply, although it is doing it while I am accelerating (pedal is down all the way). I removed the tune and it stopped but is it possible for it to release pressure while the throttle is down? And it is doing it way too fast to be shifts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh ok, thanks for the reply, although it is doing it while I am accelerating (pedal is down all the way). I removed the tune and it stopped but is it possible for it to release pressure while the throttle is down? And it is doing it way too fast to be shifts
Got a log or a video? Are you holding boost pressure when you floor it in say 4th gear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a log or a video? Are you holding boost pressure when you floor it in say 4th gear?
Yeah while moving it doesn't do it but when I'm going slower, it definitely starts acting up bouncing from 1.5 bar to 1.0 and back. I'll post a video once I retune the vehicle since the video didn't save.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got first 500 miles on a new 2.0 Turbo Sport....going to reflash Hondata. Anyone have any feedback on their performance with Hondata reflash.

If reflashing Hondata my 2019 2.0T Sport....what are the gains in Eco mode/ Reg Drive mode /Sport mode or how are each different using Hondata

UPDATE:

Got 100 miles in since having stage 1 reflashed, still a little lazy on ECO and Normal but step on it alittle .... and the damm car was at 10 real quick ! I put in sport mode before getting on the highway....and wow throttle response felt alot better.....very little turbo lag and the car feels alot faster. I stayed conservative with the reflash but I have the option to install stage 2 at no extra cost. I liked the option that I could still run 87/89 or 91 with stage 1 oppose to stage 2 where 91 is highly recommended.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts