Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

While washing my car yesterday and moving on to the wheels, I noticed that my drive side front rotor as a pretty deep groove on it. When I look at the caliper/pad, the groove is right where the corner of the brake pad would start at the top of the caliper/pad.

Didn't think too much of it, but, figure I would ask you guys and get your thoughts. I'll get a photo of it later tonight and post it here.

Thank you.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
:worthless

Jay

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing to my knowledge - these are the OEM brakes from factory. I did not notice it when I got the car a few weeks back, but, I noticed it. They appear to be braking just fine.

Should I take it in to get looked at or let it be?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Let it be.

Not a big deal, and there's really no fix. I definitely would not have the rotor turned. I'd much rather have the grove than have the thickness of the rotor cut down to the depth of the grove.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hello all,

While washing my car yesterday and moving on to the wheels, I noticed that my drive side front rotor as a pretty deep groove on it. When I look at the caliper/pad, the groove is right where the corner of the brake pad would start at the top of the caliper/pad.

Didn't think too much of it, but, figure I would ask you guys and get your thoughts. I'll get a photo of it later tonight and post it here.

Thank you.
thats not uncommon to see. most likely a contaminant of some sort. If you have no noises or pulsations then forget about it. I have seen rotors in much worse shape with no concerns to go along with them. I must say i admire your attention to detail and concern though. If half of my customers cared as much as you do they most likely wouldnt have the problems that they have!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Unless you feel a pulse or shimmy while applying brakes no worries. I to have seen way worse. When you need brakes deal with it then.

Back in the day when we changed brake pads we turned rotors and drums just enough to make them smooth. Not sure if that is still common or not? Or if the rotors have enough meat to even turn. Not sure there are many drum brakes out there any longer.

I just replace it all for 400 bucks or less you can have 4 rotors and the pads and start fresh. Probably close to what a good brake job costs?

100 dollars a corner for better then stock components is my vote when you need them.

Me I dont need them, just want them :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No pulsing or anything when stopping. Very smooth.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it gets worse over time.

Thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts