Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

When turning the key there is a delay in starting the engine. It turns the 2nd try. I feel like it use to start up better. Now i just replaced my starter because it went bad and the battery because it was already 7 years marked on the battery. I had hoped that it would also help with starting the car right away. Any ideas what i can do to improve this?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
What brand starter ? All grounds tight & corrosion free ? May even be a worn ignition switch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AC Delco. Have to check. I already changed the ignition switch about a year ago. Originally because i was getting a buzzing which was annoying. Now that i think about it, i thought i seen a slight difference in start time ever since.

·
one wheel drive
837 Posts
Doesn't sound too bad, was that a cold engine and what was the temp? I agree that it sounds like its cranking more before firing, at least compared to mine. Both battery connections and wire to the starter are good? Maybe your fuel pressure is bleeding down. What happens if you tun the key to run without starting, then turn it off, turn it to run again, count to 3, then start?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was about 50 degrees.
Yes, connections are good.
Oh, i tried that. Same result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts