Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are these headlights? I have searched around and seemed most positive except a few ppl saying they start to "peel" after a while? What is that?

Here is two amazon products, i'm not certain which one is actually the good one?

I like the 2nd one more, but IDK if the quality is worse...

TY

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
I've purchased Spec D headlights before, and they're good quality of the most part. Some headlights include Led conversions and whatever else like halos, and I'm pretty sure the ones you're trying to buy (the 2nd link) is just the housing. It's a pretty straight forward install with these guys. You just remove your bumper and then gently remove the bulbs from the old housings. Then you literally plug the new ones in, maybe take the factory bracket off the old house and stick it on the new one, and then wham! You got some sexy black housings!

I won't discourage you from looking around some more, but so far my headlights have survived a winter and some rain too and they seem okay.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

EDIT: If you need help with the install, and decide to go with Spec D, they have a YouTube channel that does all that stuff. I've heard of other brands like Spyder that are really good. Try Andys Auto Sport dot com and then if you find some you like, look for it on Amazon to save some money.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You can get them on ebay for cheaper. Or, if you want to be a DIY savy, you can pop open your own headlights and black house them yourself.

·
dont deviate
224 Posts
Depo is a good aftermarket brand. Used them with my 94 and 07.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mahalo 4 the replies, I guess i'll end up prob buying the spec d jdm ones (they look better), seeing as my old ones are complete fogged up and yellow. I'll check out ebay, etc.

THANKS. Any1 got pics of the spec-d?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts