Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave up searching Pull-a-Parts for fog lights. I read horror stories of folks here with eBay kits. The OEM kit is log since not available. I heard good things about Depo quality in aftermarket lighting. I have attached the instructions for the Depo's. I have never seen the OEM instructions before. If someone has them - I have searched here but the link I found was dead- please post.

I want to compare and/or get opinions on this kit before I begin the install. Thanks

Attachments

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
21 Posts
Based on the instructions that looks to be an OE type kit. I had the fog / driving lights installed on my '06 sedan several months ago by the dealer. I'd gotten a set of those claiming to be OE from EBAY but they wre definitely not. I showed them to the service advisor, who got a service tech. He showed me the OE type to compare. I'm not sure about the bumper inserts / lamps themselves, but the harnesses had virtualy nothing in common. So I had them install the OE set as it's essentially a (complicatd) plug-n-play setup w/ existing factory connectors and harnesses. Wasn't cheap (parts or labor) but it was worth it to me. I love 'em! One other thing I did was get a pair of Sylvania zXe bubs to use in place of the standard halogen bulbs. (Did the same for my headlamps.) They're great!

Not sure what your dealer might charge to install the kit you got, assuming it is the OE type. If not, the kit cost me $400.00. The price you sometime pay for OE stuff, eh? Labor ran ~$500.00. Seems pretty steep but A) It was dealer rates and B) It took pretty much all day. So considering what was involved I ponied up the $$ and got what I wanted. :D

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does look like an OEM clone kit. I hope someone will post the instructions for the oem kit or the link. I was impressed as the instructions to me look like they are using the factory wiring which was pre-wired. The housing are metal and the lens seems to be a decent glass. For the price these are not much more than the ebay kits.

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
21 Posts
Yeah, I wish I'd known about the Depo kit last year - The difference would have paid for my tint job!

Be sure and post back once you've gotten them installed. I'm curious how it goes for you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Look at Bernardi parts website, they have the instructions there. It's a fairly simple install, just make sure you orient yourself correctly when installing the wires in the fuse box. That was probably the hardest part for me.

For anyone looking at getting fog lights, I would either get this kit, or buy the OEM wiring (if it's available) and buy the Morimoto LED fog lights. Either setup results in a lesser cost than the OEM kit

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
INTERESTING......

Thanks ashirm for the info on the instructions. Granted the Depo's are for a coupe and these are for a sedan but it appears the instructions use the same images and are almost a word for word match.

I am wondering if my Depo kit is the same kit as a Honda OEM kit?

bjrakes1...... What do your lens have printed on them? Does it match my photo?

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
INTERESTING......

Thanks ashirm for the info on the instructions. Granted the Depo's are for a coupe and these are for a sedan but it appears the instructions use the same images and are almost a word for word match.

I am wondering if my Depo kit is the same kit as a Honda OEM kit?

bjrakes1...... What do your lens have printed on them? Does it match my photo?
I would imagine that the installation is more or less the same due to the locations of the fuse box being essentially the same. There's definitely enough slack when I installed it in the sedan to extend a little if the coupe spacing is farther apart

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would imagine that the installation is more or less the same due to the locations of the fuse box being essentially the same. There's definitely enough slack when I installed it in the sedan to extend a little if the coupe spacing is farther apart

Thanks. Since I only have experience with the coupe... or only owned a coupe, my intent with the above was not with the wiring but if the lenses and bracket are the same.

Also interesting is the housing fits the Civic as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts