Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully glen e. will see this but I welcome input from all. I detailed my car according to the PDF by glen e. about a month after I got my new car. I followed the instructions explicitly and have to admit the results were fantastic. Let me add that all BF products were applied and removed by hand which can leave one tired, sore, and aching for a few days. I now own a PC 7424XP and plan to apply and remove the BF products with it and not screw up my paint job in the process. However, I am a bit confused on the proper pads to purchase for my intended purposes. I talked with a guy at AutoGeek and the following is what he recommended:

Wet Diamond Application - LC CCS Red Pad
Total Polish & Seal Application - LC CCS White Pad
Removal/Polishing - Lambswool Leveling Pad with Microfiber Bonnet Cover
Crystal Seal - I prefer to do by hand

Does this guidance sound about right? I've never used a DA polisher before so I'm still reading articles and watching videos on the subject. Would greatly appreciate any info, tips, pointers, dos, or donts you guys might have.

·
Registered
74 Posts
that sounds about right, you could probably buff off by hand and only use a white pad for both compounds though

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,293 Posts
In the whole basic process I use the polisher once - to apply the total polish and seal with a white pad...everything else is by hand...

if you do the optional step of wet diamond, put it on with the polisher and a blue pad...

I never buff with an orbital - leads to holograms sometimes....

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hopefully that is not the order of application you list above. Echoing Glen:

1. TPnS - white pad; speed ~ 3.5 (remove by hand with MF towel)
2. Wet Diamond - blud pad; speed ~ 2.5 (remove by hand with MF towel)
3. CS - by hand with MF applicator 12 hours after WD. Apply 2 coats 3 hours apart.

3 hours after last coat of CS, I like to go around the car and wipedown with BF Polymer Spray using a MF towel. This will remove any streaking of CS and give a nice clear finish.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully that is not the order of application you list above. Echoing Glen:

1. TPnS - white pad; speed ~ 3.5 (remove by hand with MF towel)
2. Wet Diamond - blud pad; speed ~ 2.5 (remove by hand with MF towel)
3. CS - by hand with MF applicator 12 hours after WD. Apply 2 coats 3 hours apart.

3 hours after last coat of CS, I like to go around the car and wipedown with BF Polymer Spray using a MF towel. This will remove any streaking of CS and give a nice clear finish.
Nope, always follow glen e. PDF. Matter of fact I've got a laminated copy.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,293 Posts
You can get too OCD about the selection of pads - IMO, foam pads break down into two groups:

1.the hard orange pads for heavy correction
2.everything else for applying fine polishes and sealants

I don't see much diff between the white, grey or green pads
the red and yellows are so soft they "crush" on the paint so I forego them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts