Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Aichteeque
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I received a letter from Honda about a software update for the EPS system on my 2013 Honda Accord LX. I have also been facing the CVT shudder once in a while on cold morning when I move slowly from a stop. The Honda dealer in Hopkins,MN wants to charge me $92 for diagnosis. My car has 35xxx miles on it so shouldn't this be covered under warranty? Or am I seeing this wrong. :frown

· 2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
For some dealers its standard procedure for you to agree to a diagnostic fee in advance incase what they find is not covered under warranty. They should however also explain to you that if the repair is under warranty then you pay nothing.

I personally hate when dealers do this as they make you feel like it's your fault the car has trouble.

· Registered
3,184 Posts
If your car is not "broken" or in not in the VIN range for a TSB, don't expect too much. There is a chance that the dealer is in the people business so you never know. This is one of those in between cases, the dealer could say it's normal or realize there is an issue with your particular car. What sucks is that you don't know how it will play out.

With my 08 Odyssey back in 08, the brakes would go too low almost to the floor. There were numerous complaints but at the time Honda was dragging its feet on a fix. I took the van to the dealer when experiencing the problem and when they pulled it into the bay they immediately gave me a brand new Accord loaner until they could fix it. A few months later, Honda did issue a recall. The dealer replaced a $900 part even before the recall. I was really impressed because they could have just bled the brakes and sent me on my way. So there is hope, you never know.

· Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,290 Posts
Recently I received a letter from Honda about a software update for the EPS system on my 2013 Honda Accord LX. I have also been facing the CVT shudder once in a while on cold morning when I move slowly from a stop. The Honda dealer in Hopkins,MN wants to charge me $92 for diagnosis. My car has 35xxx miles on it so shouldn't this be covered under warranty? Or am I seeing this wrong. :frown
Tell them the car has problem and they need to do whatever to fix it while it is still under warranty. That's what I did, and they kept saying everything is normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.