Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Honda friends,

I have a 2017 Accord Sport. Last night, I lost a diamond earring down in that horrible space between the seat and console. I have crawled all over the floor of my car searching, moved all seats forward, back, up and down and cannot even see the earring. Where could I possibly be missing where it could have fallen? It seems like most things that fall in here end up on the floor in the back seat in plain view. But of course this earring, being so valuable has seemingly disappeared. :crying I would be so grateful if someone provided an idea that I hadn't tried. Thanks!!

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,899 Posts
Did you look/feel around the underside of the seat? It might've gotten stuck to the bottom of the seat. Could also have slipped under the plastic part of the center console. Feel around the edges of the center console where it meets the carpet, it could've gotten up under there too. You could also try feeling around with a big, strong magnet and maybe it'll grab it from somewhere you can't see (unless it's pure silver or gold).

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Released and picked up the floor mats?

Is it caught on the underside of a seat? Maybe run a duster or brush on the undersides of the seats? Be careful not to yank out any of the wires under the seats.

And after you find it, maybe you need a pair of these...

EDIT: Enne types faster than I do!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Put a sock or nylon stocking over the crevice tool of the vacuum cleaner, secure it with rubber bands. Gently poke around from back of seats. Get down level (kneel outside of car with the back door open) with a white beam flash light to see if you can catch a reflection. Unhook the carpet on the drivers side & remove. Last resort would be to have the seat removed, check both sides just in case it bounced on the console. Welcome to DA.

·
Cruising in Montana
4,175 Posts
If none of that works, remove the seats. 4 bolts per seat I think. They are kind of heavy though, and unplug all wiring before you remove the bolts for the seats.

·
pessimistic optimist
964 Posts
May also have ended up inside the seat track itself, depending on the size of the stone and the setting so take care in moving the seat on the track until you have eliminated that as a possibility. I'll second the idea of unbolting the seat from the floor and maneuvering it out of the way, if push comes to shove. Good luck and welcome to DA!

Reactions: jfuredy

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
If you decide to unbolt the seats yourself, first disconnect the neg. battery cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts