Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still annoyed by how loud my car is on the freeway. It's almost like a roaring noise transmitted all too well by the stock tires.

I think some people got the Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity tires, which I assume are among the most quiet tires.
Our stock size is 235/45/18.
Serenity only has 235/50/18.
Is there any problem with using these?

Are there other tires that people feel are significantly better than the stock ones?

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
This is a big debate my friend as some loyal owners will die for there Michelin's lol, I on the other hand hated my stock Michelin's and went for some Coopers CS4's touring all-seasons rated up to 60k ... While they are a softer compound tire they are very good tires in the weather, and for long term tire wear ... they do offer sporty handling but as an avid driver i know the difference at this point between a touring and a high performance tire, as the touring tend to feel like they are rolling over on hard cornering - but on the flipside my friends all say how amazingly quiet these tires are when they ride with me, i agree, super quiet!

The only problem i have had in 1.5yrs so far owning them is they tend to run low (psi) in the change of the weather, but thats it, i remember with my stocks i had that annoying anti-lock brake issue which completely went away when i switched tires, not to mention they didn't last very long which was super annoying -for the money they are a very good tire, and if it wasn't for the winters, i prob. would have went for a more serious performance tire -

·
Registered
851 Posts
there is no problem using those as long as your change them in pairs or as a set. if you change them as a pair, keep the 235 50 18 in the back and the 235 45 18 in the front. it will give a small but nice offset to the car, and the speedomotor wont be off. if you change all 4 to 235 50 18, thats fine, just remember your speedometer is slightly off (1-2 mph) and also you loose braking efficiency ( barley cause their inst a big weight difference)
what i had to do is i had a screw in one of my stock tires and it was unpatchable =( so i looked around and found that some dude on craigslist was selling a pair of 245 40 18's and i just slapped those on temp. in the rear until i save up more for tires and rims... i hate the stock michelins cause of all the road noise, and im never getting michelins again!
try going with wider tires btw =) better traction

1 - 4 of 4 Posts