Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VCM DELETE
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the DRL recall done on the car, and now about 2 weeks later the drivers fog light is not working. I know they have to take the bumper off to get the old lights out, possible the connection fell out?
Or are the fog lamps problematic as well? I did a search and couldnt really find anything about the fog lights failing, so not sure where to start?

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have not heard of the LED fog's failing but I have heard of people complaining that the dealer didn't plug their fogs back in so that's probably what it is. They have to be disconnected to take the bumper off.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,399 Posts
I certainly wouldn't doubt they didn't plug the fog light back in, or plugged it halfway in and it fell out later on. The dealership left my coolant reservoir sitting between the radiator and the engine when they did my passenger's side DRL replacement. I'm going to have to check their work from now on, which is sad because they are supposed to be professionals.

·
VCM DELETE
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE**
Went to Honda Dealer today, apparently the "plug was loose" after they did the DRL recall, fixed free of charge plus a carwash to boot!

This is the same dealer that left my + battery terminal just laying on the battery after my '12 airbag recall.
Guess the repair is only as good as the repairman!

·
Registered
321 Posts
UPDATE**
Went to Honda Dealer today, apparently the "plug was loose" after they did the DRL recall, fixed free of charge plus a carwash to boot!

This is the same dealer that left my + battery terminal just laying on the battery after my '12 airbag recall.
Guess the repair is only as good as the repairman!
Which dealer you went to ?

·
VCM DELETE
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think I might be safe, this is a bit of west side for me, but that does not mean anything, bad mechanics can be anywhere. Though it only leaves me with motorcars th a t recently got bought out, mentor, east 200 ( for some reason i am not big fan of them either), jay not a big fan either, Streetsboro, medina bit of traveling there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just realized something. The other day I upgraded my headlight bulbs. If I do this TSB, I'll lose those unless I go back to stock before the switch. Dang.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
@Bkord123 - But then you'll be back to stock bulbs again... So are you willing to stay with stock or will you want to upgrade again?

How much is buying new bulbs again going to cost vs putting the stock bulbs back before the dealer does the TSB repair, and then swapping them again afterwards? It's your time and your $$...

·
Registered
233 Posts
@Bkord123 - But then you'll be back to stock bulbs again... So are you willing to stay with stock or will you want to upgrade again?

How much is buying new bulbs again going to cost vs putting the stock bulbs back before the dealer does the TSB repair, and then swapping them again afterwards? It's your time and your $$...
Worst case scenario is I'll put the stock bulbs back in before they do the TSB. Best case is I talk to the guy and he let's me swap out my bulbs while he has everything out.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yeah, I would talk to them first or just swap the bulbs back to stock beforehand. I'm pretty sure new OEM headlight assemblies come with all of the bulbs pre-installed, or at least it appears that way when you look at the parts diagram on Majestic Honda's site. But it's possible that they send just the headlight assembly without bulbs specifically for the recall in order to save a few bucks. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah, I would talk to them first or just swap the bulbs back to stock beforehand. I'm pretty sure new OEM headlight assemblies come with all of the bulbs pre-installed, or at least it appears that way when you look at the parts diagram on Majestic Honda's site. But it's possible that they send just the headlight assembly without bulbs specifically for the recall in order to save a few bucks. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
That's my plan. Like I said, at worst I swap them before and after.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure if this is relevant but about 7 years ago, I purchased new OEM headlights for my 06 Accord from Majestic Honda (iirc) because mine were oxidized and I was tired of cleaning them. They arrived in very neat packaging without any bulbs. Circular Styrofoam inserts were fitted into each bulb "hole" so I kept the old bulbs connected and just replaced the entire housing.

I would think this is the how these lights are shipped as well but it's a completely different vehicle so I could be wrong. I just looked at the TSB procedure for replacing the assemblies and all it says is to "Disconnect the connectors." so maybe the bulbs are in fact pre-installed. You'd have to ask I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts