Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone that purchased a 14 right before, or as the 15s were hitting the car lots.

I would like to know what type of discount off of MSRP did you get being so close (or as) to the new model year being available for purchase.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got about $5500 off the MSRP for a 2014 I4 EX-L CVT late August of last year. Part of that discount was because I was "willing" to take a White Orchid Pearl one since they had many of those on the lot relative to the other colors.

Lumpy

·
Registered
110 Posts
Purchased my 2014 EX-L CVT in Obsidian Blue (wanted that color and only 3 left in MA at that point) mid-August of 2015
List: 29,060
Paid: 24,261 including destination, document fee ($5), dealer services ($234)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought a '15 this past Memorial Day weekend and got over $5k off sticker.

Made sure I brought up the '16s and lied about how much I liked the new design =)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got mine end of month, end of year, about 5000 off I think. Tru-Car'd it, decided to text the salesman that I wanted to pay 18,600 + TTL for a 2014 LX stick and he said yes. Could have gotten it for 17,500 I think, but who really knows. You can really pick your own price if you have the right timing.

This Accord is an economy car. But it's midsize and has some tech in it. Handles great. But it really is an economy car. Phenominal MPG's sometimes. Got 43.5 on a 170-mile trip last week.
Throttle lag though... pisses me off. There's no reason for it. All you geniuses on the forums , go ahead try to tell me there's a reason for it. Because the engineers are idiots, that's the reason.
Hit the gas and watch the Tac as you do it. You'll see and feel the lag. How are you supposed to develop good feel driving a stick with throttle lag?

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
I purchased mine in September and was able to get a little less than 3,000 off could have probably gotten more off but rushed into it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts