Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through the TSB's and came across 07-045 having to do with the TCS modulator leaking air into the brake system. Have you had your TCS replaced under this TSB, and as I haven't, is there usually a time limit on TSB's? Or does it depend on the dealer? I've always had a soft pedal, even after bleeding. Wonder how many modulators were replaced as a result of the TSB?

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSB's are rarely free. There is no expiration for you to pay Honda to repair/service your vehicle.
I have had a few repairs done free of charge due to TSB's. Oil jet kit being one, pressure hose for the PS pump being another.

According to the TSB, the modulator should be replaced free of charge. My concern is that the TSB was dated 2010.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but as I am bringing the car in to have the mounts changed, I'll ask them at that time. If they test it and find it to be at fault, I'd imagine they would swap out the modulator. It's my understanding that they are still paid for the service work, by corporate. I may be wrong on this, but I seem to remember that this is the case with TSB/recall work.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apples and oranges, bro. You've got a few things fixed under warranty and/or recall at no cost to you, not under a TSB.

Difference Between A Recall And A TSB
Do the dealers have the discretion to "goodwill" the repair depending on the customer?

Also, as I have never, ever had the ABS engage, is it a bad idea to remove it from our systems? Just asking as I don't know the answer. Flame suit on.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Do the dealers have the discretion to "goodwill" the repair depending on the customer?

Also, as I have never, ever had the ABS engage, is it a bad idea to remove it from our systems? Just asking as I don't know the answer. Flame suit on.
I believe that dealers need to have goodwill repairs approved at some higher level. Unless the dealer itself is willing to pay for a repair on their own. When I was getting my wife's trans "goodwilled" I believe the service adviser referred to needing zone manager approval or something like that.

It's a bad idea to disable ABS. It can really help to avoid a bad accident. I think it's worth having even if you never use it for years and years. It's best feature to me is that it lets you steer, even after you've essentially locked up your brakes. If you ever run into a situation where you hit your brakes hard and realize you can't stop in time, ABS can be a lifesaver and let you steer out of trouble.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealer said if the pedal starts to get funky, or lowers, they'll swap out the modulator under the TSB. I said that would be fine. But now that I think about it, maybe if I ask them to replace and bleed the brakes whenever I want for free, they'd do that. Seeing as how I replace and bleed my own brakes every year (manually and by myself), it would save me the headache. I only do this because the pedal seems to drop. I need to push further on the pedal to engage the brakes. No fade, just longer stroke on the pedal.

Don't know. I'll see how long the pedal lasts.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,453 Posts
Hard to believe a dealership is going to do all this free of charge. I guess it depends on the dealership, and how much they like you. Since you are paying them to change the motor mounts, you might have a shot at getting some kind of deal. Good luck

If you want to test your ABS, just find a large empty (preferably wet) parking lot one day. You'll know when they kick in, because the brake pedal will vibrate.

·
O-H-I-O
219 Posts
What came of this?

Just found out today at dealer my ABS Modulator is going bad. Advice and suggestions on how to get a little help from Honda on this? $1,100 + 2 hours is 20% of what my car is worth.

·
'07 EX-L Navi 6-6 Sedan
221 Posts
Is there a URL/link for the TSB 07-045 document?
I suspect I might have this issue and would like to read the TSB.

Thanks for the help,

Peter

·
O-H-I-O
219 Posts

Thanks for the help,

Peter
Here is a link: TSB 07-045

In the future, Google "Service Bulletin ##-###" and it should come up. Best of luck.

Still waiting to hear from others in this thread about my ABS Modulator that is now bad. Has anyone had a successful experience getting it remanufactured?

·
Registered
109 Posts

Thanks for the help,

Peter
What came of this?

Just found out today at dealer my ABS Modulator is going bad. Advice and suggestions on how to get a little help from Honda on this? $1,100 + 2 hours is 20% of what my car is worth.
There is a pdf link to the tsb in this post

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1586337-post2.html

Reactions: MiragePilot

·
'07 EX-L Navi 6-6 Sedan
221 Posts
Many thanks for the help, guys!

I had an issue last winter when my ABS kicked in on several occasions during a single trip in some nasty snowy weather on Fort Worth. Immediately thereafter, I had a very soft/low brake pedal. It wasn't spongy, but just required increased pedal travel and would not hold pressure... i.e. the with steady foot pressure, the pedal would slowly bottom out.
I concluded it was a bad (internal leaking) master cylinder (since there were no external brake fluid leaks) and ordered a replacement master cylinder.
I haven't got around to replacing it yet, mainly because the issue slowly improved over time (but is definitely still there). But this service bulletin makes me think I might have an TCS modulator issue as well...

Peter

·
O-H-I-O
219 Posts
I just had a couple of 7G Accords show up at a local junk yard. I am going to go in the next week and try to pull off the ABS Modulator to replace my faulty one.

Any tips/tricks to removing it? I believe there are 4 bolts to reach (somewhat hard to reach) and the brake lines have some play in them. Other than that...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts