Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Honda Accord EX-L
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter decided to spaz out and went through a 4 way stop sign but fortunately at low speed and t-boned another car.

Fortunately everything still works, even the headlight. Once my daughter comes home from college I have to check whether I can open the hood.

I only carry liability insurance on this one since its not worth much on paper. Had the damage been extensive I would have just parted it out and probably try to find another cheap car.

·
MT or death
150 Posts
If everything works, what's the problem? Not trying to be rude, but if she's going to cause an accident, why should you foot the bill for cosmetic repairs? She can drive it as is or pay for a new bumper and hood herself. My .02 anyways.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,163 Posts
I agree
If everything works, what's the problem? Not trying to be rude, but if she's going to cause an accident, why should you foot the bill for cosmetic repairs? She can drive it as is or pay for a new bumper and hood herself. My .02 anyways.
I agree, make her pay for it. Help her go pull the hood, headlight, and bumper from a junkyard (it'll take you maybe 20 minutes tops to get all those parts off). But she should pay for it. Hopefully it will make her realize she needs to be more careful on the road.

·
Registered
1999 Honda Accord EX-L
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree

I agree, make her pay for it. Help her go pull the hood, headlight, and bumper from a junkyard (it'll take you maybe 20 minutes tops to get all those parts off). But she should pay for it. Hopefully it will make her realize she needs to be more careful on the road.
The car drives as is so no point in putting the effort to fix it. Also a good anti-theft appearance.
My daughter goes to school full time (Bio-medical engineering) and works part time at a veterinary hospital. I would rather her concentrate on school then running around a junk yard.

No problem just thought about posting the incident. My daughter already admitted she made a mistake and wants to spend her money to fix it but why? Maybe the headlight and if the hood won't open maybe that too.

·
VCM DELETE
730 Posts
I buy cars like this at IAA, fix them and sell em for 4x what i paid. That is a simple fix.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,163 Posts
Maybe she'll enjoy spending time with her dad, and possibly doing work on her own car will make her more interested in it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know it's not close to the radiator but make sure there is no coolant leak. There may be a very thin crack that is not apparent but it happened to someone that I know. Keep an eye on the coolant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts