Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly what the title says -
I'm wondering what Honda did to the 2005 onward transmissions to resolve the 2nd gear common fault on the 03-04 models

I've read a number of post on the subject with conflicting information. Some are saying that they only put in an internal version of the oil jet kit, others say they changed the bearings while a few think they're identical.

Does anyone have some facts?

I've checked my accord and it has the Maya with an oil jet kit fitted at 8500 kms, was hoping for a BAYA as they don't seem to have as many issues. Oh well, just have to pray it holds together.:notworthy

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If it's like the 6thGen the transmissions are the same, with the first character indicating the country the trans was built in. For the 6thGen:

BAXA = US-built
MAXA = Japan-built

·
Registered
575 Posts
where do you go to find out what your car has?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm assuming the tag on the bottom of the trans right?

·
-Gene
520 Posts
^---resize lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
:eek:

Ok, so we know it's on the engine somewhere.... :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok the image was resized from that previous post.

Can anyone tell me about the difference between 03-04 and the 05-07 trans regarding the second gear lube problem?

·
'09 TL SH AWD Tech
575 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_H5_transmission

2003-2004 v6 Accord got the MAYA and 2005-2007 the BAYA. I think the MAYA is made in Japan and the BAYA in the US. The MCLA and BCLA are for the 4 cylinder (not sure about that). I guess in the BAYA the issue was fixed at the factory. But I still can't explain how come my '03 has a BAYA and the jet kit installed, so I think its all a mixed bag of transmissions and nobody really knows whats going on with that story, except of course Honda.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_H5_transmission

2003-2004 v6 Accord got the MAYA and 2005-2007 the BAYA. I think the MAYA is made in Japan and the BAYA in the US. The MCLA and BCLA are for the 4 cylinder (not sure about that). I guess in the BAYA the issue was fixed at the factory. But I still can't explain how come my '03 has a BAYA and the jet kit installed, so I think its all a mixed bag of transmissions and nobody really knows whats going on with that story, except of course Honda.
Yes I saw your post of the BAYA in your 03. It made me want to go outside to check if mine was also a BAYA, but no I got the MAYA.

It would be interesting if some mechanic on here can give us a round up of what they did to fix this second gear problem. Something must have been done for the 05-07 to last so long.

·
03 EX V6, and 6 others
147 Posts
I have an 03, with the BAYA. I believe I have a pic posted(of the id tag) in my transmission rebuild thread. The trans I'm rebuilding is the BAYA version.

Jim

I don't have the pic of the id tag posted, but I still have the transmission out. I can get a pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plan on swaping out my tranny in my 04 accord v6 for one out of a 06,has anyone tried this,only differance i've found so far is i will have to use the flexplate off of the 06,will know more when i have them both sitting on the floor

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a post over at honda-tech.com forum that may be related to the 2nd/3rd clutch issue. Username Blaze511, please have a look and contact me, I have many pictures and steps of the disassembly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2007 4-Cyl EX-L - BAYA OR BCLA Transmission

I have a 2007 4-Cyl Accord EX-L. I know it's a 5 speed automatic but can't figure out if I have BAYA or BCLA transmission.

Any help ID'ing appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,642 Posts
I have the CUMBAYA too. Lets all sing along.:banana:
I believe the number is right on top, where you can see it looking over the radiator, next to where it bolts up to the engine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts