Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for an accord and found two locally that fit what I'm looking for. One is an 05 coupe one is an 07, aside from the different rear, rims, and little visual difference are there any upgrades that make the 07 a more appealing option than the 05? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
You probably want to read the 7th Gen FAQ's. The sticky post just above. The differences between the years are well noted there.

·
Honda only...
439 Posts
I would pick the newer model, technology and mechanical advancement in 2 year in the auto motive world can be alot.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
07 tail light are nicer since they are LED. The engine is more powerful since it using the new rating. 244 new rating j30a5 vs 240 old rating j30a4. Besides that both are great cars

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 2.4 not V6, so according to autotrader they both have 166hp. I like the fact that the 05 has cloth, I'm not a huge leather fan, hot in the summer and cold in the winter although the 07 is an ex-l with heated seats and the 05 is just an ex. The 07 has a few more miles, 5,000 or so.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Believe me fabric or cloth seats get just as hot if not hotter in the heat,
Also never had a problem with leather being to cold lol

07s have the distinctive led tails and if I am not mistaken 3rd brake light
Integrated into the trunk, but the 05s have the nice hfp front lip kit imop

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the front lip available for the 05 but I don't need it. I just checked and actually the 05 has 45,000 miles and the 07 has 60,000 which is why I was leaning towards the 05 but I guess 60k probably isn't that bad on a 2.4 5 speed from what I've read on here.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I like the front lip available for the 05 but I don't need it. I just checked and actually the 05 has 45,000 miles and the 07 has 60,000 which is why I was leaning towards the 05 but I guess 60k probably isn't that bad on a 2.4 5 speed from what I've read on here.
hmm well its a honda 15k doesn't make that much different as long as the car had all its maintance done. its probably a communter car so its fine. The 05 is either driven around a lot locally or they barely drive it.

if the 05 has JHM then its probably a better car since its made in Japan. I believe 05 was the last year the accord were mass maxed in Japan. Afterwards its all 1HM, canada, and mexico. So take that into consideration also.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I believe 05 was the last year the accord were mass maxed in Japan. Afterwards its all 1HM, canada, and mexico. So take that into consideration also.
Nope, Accord has never been made in Canada.

·
Terminator
272 Posts
If I remember correctly reading somewhere on this forum that starting with the 06 Accord, the "drive by wire" throttle control started production. In other words, when U push the gas pedal, computer sends a signal to the throttle control unit to increase acceleration.
I think EBD started with the problematic 08(Just received my US District court settlement letter against Honda's handling of owners' grievances).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts