Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I've owned several Hondas in the past and I might be interested in the new Accord. Actually, I think 2016 will have a bunch of cool changes so I may wait. I was wondering what the differences (even the subtle ones) between the Coupe and the Sedan in the V6 flavors. I remember buying a 2010 Civic EX and it was only if I got the Couple that I could get the upgraded radio with subwoofer. I think it's still like that with the Civics.

Anyway, if I do get an Accord it'll be a V6 Sedan automatic.

Opinions and info are appreciated. I'm going to dig through the forum now.

Honda Accord Sedan - Specifications

Honda Accord Coupe - Specifications

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi folks!

I've owned several Hondas in the past and I might be interested in the new Accord. Actually, I think 2016 will have a bunch of cool changes so I may wait. I was wondering what the differences (even the subtle ones) between the Coupe and the Sedan in the V6 flavors. I remember buying a 2010 Civic EX and it was only if I got the Couple that I could get the upgraded radio with subwoofer. I think it's still like that with the Civics.

Anyway, if I do get an Accord it'll be a V6 Sedan automatic.

Opinions and info are appreciated. I'm going to dig through the forum now.

Honda Accord Sedan - Specifications

Honda Accord Coupe - Specifications

Typically, in the Accord, the v6 versions have most of the bells and whistles. Only the Touring may have an edge over the v6 version. I would look at the Honda site and check out the features comparison for all 2015 models.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Depend on your long terms goals and assuming you plan on keeping the car for 5-100+ yrs.

I had a coupe for close to 10 years, so i had my fun. On plans for the next car, i knew it'd be sedan as it's something i plan to keep for a LONG time and when the "family" chapter beings i'll be set with a bigger, easier accessible car.

If you're looking for something fun and sporty, i'd go with the coupe V6.

The honda site is def a good comparison site for all the trims

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can you tell the difference?

When you're sitting behind the wheel and driving, who can tell the difference? Except that you have better visibility in the sedan.

Whether you need access to the rear seat for people or packages, there's no question.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Coupes get sweet 18" wheels where sedans, even V6s, get boring and plain 17" versions. That may change for 2016 though. No one really knows the differences on the MMC Accord Coupe v. Sedan yet. I'd wait a few months and compare the '15 & '16.

·
Registered
380 Posts
18" wheels an advantage?

My Sport came with 18" wheels. They weigh 28 pounds. Mine were stolen.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Coupes get paddle-shifter and sedans do not, besides Sport model.

·
Registered
345 Posts
When you're sitting behind the wheel and driving, who can tell the difference? Except that you have better visibility in the sedan.

Whether you need access to the rear seat for people or packages, there's no question.
I like the coupe visibility. I have the seat all the way back, and like to have a full window when I look left - I don't want the door pillar in my view.

·
No PRND
749 Posts
The sedan comes with 2 extra doors and some more legroom in the back seat.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The coupe looks sexy. The sedan looks, well like a family sedan - its very forgettable. The overall shape reminds me of the first generation Hyundai Genesis.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
The sedan comes with 2 extra doors and some more legroom in the back seat.
Very true, but in the coupe you sit lower than in the sedan. IMHO any coupe looks sexier than the sedan version. :wink

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Very true, but in the coupe you sit lower than in the sedan. IMHO any coupe looks sexier than the sedan version. :wink
The sedan is too low as it is coupe must be torture. Flyboy, you must be mistaken, the sedan is classy and the coupe if flashy I think you your mind the coupe looks better when you are in the drivers seat.:laugh

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I'd actually like it if I could lower the coupe seat in my 8th gen just a little more. I like the seat tilted a little and that makes it feel higher than it is when it's all the way down... if I could drop it another 1/4-1/2 inch it would compensate for my tilt. Being 5'6" I can afford being a little closer to the floor for a good foot position than some of you tall guys can.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Looking at your sig and avatar I can see while you feel that way. :devil

The sedan is too low as it is coupe must be torture. Flyboy, you must be mistaken, the sedan is classy and the coupe if flashy I think you your mind the coupe looks better when you are in the drivers seat.:laugh
Man, you are so correct about the sedan seats. :crying

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Looking at your sig and avatar I can see while you feel that way. :devil

Man, you are so correct about the sedan seats. :crying
The best part of owing the coupe is that I can't carry my 81 year old mother in law and her 91 year old lover in the back seat. :devil

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like having the shorter doors in the sedan but the coupe lines look a lot better both from the side and from the front and back. As a whole they both look good, the sedan has typical sedan lines and the coupe typical sports car lines. Pick based on what you like, familymobile or sportscar.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm the OP and just now I'm getting back into this forum. The paddle shifters surprised me since so many cars have them, even sedans. One final question. The 0-60 times for the Coupe are listed in most places as sub 6.0s. I can't find any data on the Sedan. Is it as fast or close to as fast? The curb weights are close so I'm thinking they're probably similar in acceleration?

·
The Shadow displaced Bug Magnet
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T in Modern Steel Metallic
490 Posts
I'm the OP and just now I'm getting back into this forum. The paddle shifters surprised me since so many cars have them, even sedans. One final question. The 0-60 times for the Coupe are listed in most places as sub 6.0s. I can't find any data on the Sedan. Is it as fast or close to as fast? The curb weights are close so I'm thinking they're probably similar in acceleration?
V6 or I4?

Manual or CVT?

There are a lot of versions of the Accord so you need to make sure you are looking at the correct engine/transmission.

Honda 0-60 Times & Honda Quarter Mile Times | Honda Civic, Accord, CR-V, CRX, Ridgeline, Pilot & more 0 to 60 stats!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts