Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I did it!!! :thmsup: Just placed my order after googling a million sites to see examples of 5000k vs 6000k. Was so tossed... Went with the 55w 6000K, hope I made the right choice!!! Excited, now I think I'm gonna go order a wing and throw it on the credit card :lmao:
..yup just placed that order. Gonna be like Christmas around here!

·
Moogle!
496 Posts
i have depot HID's,they are nice, but i dont know if they are that much better quality to warrant the extra 50$, they do have a contest for free hid's every month though..

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Close... but that is not the technical reason. Being that our HID is housed in projection lenses, glare isnt the issue.

Alot of people feel that at 55W, you run the risk of burning the bulb housing or shorting out the fuses etc. They say that our harnesses cant take that kind of wattage :dunno:. Some people try to remedy that concern by purchasing an additional harness from retrosolutions.

As for me and many others, we thought it was a BS concern and just installed it straight up! So far so good! :thmsup:
That's a good point. Todd from retro assured me his ballasts wouldn't draw enough current to damage anything. Where did you buy your HIDs from?

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
wats the differnece between the H3. and H1

·
Registered
678 Posts
wats the differnece between the H3. and H1
Mase are you referring to bulb type? if so our Accords are H11 not H3 or H1...

·
Registered
678 Posts
That's a good point. Todd from retro assured me his ballasts wouldn't draw enough current to damage anything. Where did you buy your HIDs from?
I got them from Retrosolutions (55W 5000K). Took a while to get to me, but that was because it was unavailable. Great straight forward kit. If you want, I can PM you crappy cell phone shots of the light projection (camera broke)...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I got them from Retrosolutions (55W 5000K). Took a while to get to me, but that was because it was unavailable. Great straight forward kit. If you want, I can PM you crappy cell phone shots of the light projection (camera broke)...
That would be great. If you could do me another favor, I would appreciate it. Turn your HIDs on and listen near where you installed the ballasts. Are they buzzing?

This morning, as I was walking up to my car, I passed by the front end and unlocked the doors .. I keep the lights set to AUTO so they turned on and I immediately heard the ballasts buzzing very loudly. The passenger's side buzzes too but not as loud as the driver's side.

·
Registered
678 Posts
yeah my ballasts buzz as well (but they buzz at a same level on both sides). My BMW had the same buzzing sound (but not as loud) so I am not worried about it. It is just the ballasts doing their thing...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
ah ok cool .. I know some buzzing is normal but I thought I wouldn't be able to hear it once the wheel well wall was back in place and the tire was back on. This sucks, it takes away a lot of the classy factor the HIDs put on in the first place.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah but once you turn that V6 on... all the buzzing is gone and you can go about burning any TSX that comes your way... :thmsup:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yeah but once you turn that V6 on... all the buzzing is gone and you can go about burning any TSX that comes your way... :thmsup:
LMFAO :thumbsup: good point

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah there is buzzing on both the 55W and 35W

·
That's what she said
686 Posts
I noticed the RL and TL make the hmmmm or wrrrrr sound when I turned on their headlights in the Acura showroom.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ah ok cool .. I know some buzzing is normal but I thought I wouldn't be able to hear it once the wheel well wall was back in place and the tire was back on. This sucks, it takes away a lot of the classy factor the HIDs put on in the first place.
Both our LS460 and ES350 have the ballast buzz/hum. Don't worry about the sound. It's perfectly normal. They're functioning properly.

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
well on Retro it says H1 of H3..

Edit Nvm. i clicked his member pricing. damnit lol

think im going 6000K

·
Registered
678 Posts
Haha its all good man... how much did you pay for the clear bra and where you get it done?

·
ol' school SQ
482 Posts
I went w/XenonDepot. I wanted a little bit of purple and my understanding was that 6500k delivered on that. After install I was SOLD! However, I would like to see how bright the 55w are.

It should be said I dont even know if retrosolutions has 6000k or 6500k.

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
actually didnt get the clear bra done yet.. im debating.. i actually might give it a paint job next year..since honda makes crap paint..

21 - 40 of 131 Posts