Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
is wiring hard I dont have any experience in wiring or with cars in general I really want the HIDs and I want to Do it myself but i dont want to mess up. Are there clear instructions for the wiring?
Even if you did something wrong, it would be difficult to screw something up anyhow. It may look difficult by either method of plug and play or with a wiring harness, but it really is not, its just looks intimidating. In fact, accessing the areas you need for the lamps is the most difficult part!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should follow the instruction Steve gave you instead of the other. The ballast shouldn't rest near the bottom part of the bumper. Also, zip-tys are great for holding wiring, but I wouldn't secure 75$ ballast with it. They have screw holes to secure them, so use them. The lower bumper area is prone to get water there. Check the picture on the link Steve gave and you will see water marks just about everywhere and water was resting on the bottom part of my bumper before I start installing mine.

Even if the ballast are "sealed" I don't think it's a good area to put them there. In the long run you will end up having issues with the ballast.

I have no idea which kit is better but I think the write up Steve give the link to is a better idea. Because it's my work ;) haha

I have a 35W 6000k and I can attest that it's very, very bright. Like, I couldn't imagine how bright it would be. Also, the Watts don't mean anything. It's the lumen output that is important. That would be nice to have this info with the kits. 55W halogens gives less than half the lumen output 35W HID can push. I don't think 55W could give like 40% more lumens than a 35W kit. Whatever the company providing them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You should follow the instruction Steve gave you instead of the other. The ballast shouldn't rest near the bottom part of the bumper. Also, zip-tys are great for holding wiring, but I wouldn't secure 75$ ballast with it. They have screw holes to secure them, so use them. The lower bumper area is prone to get water there. Check the picture on the link Steve gave and you will see water marks just about everywhere and water was resting on the bottom part of my bumper before I start installing mine.

Even if the ballast are "sealed" I don't think it's a good area to put them there. In the long run you will end up having issues with the ballast.

I have no idea which kit is better but I think the write up Steve give the link to is a better idea. Because it's my work ;) haha

I have a 35W 6000k and I can attest that it's very, very bright. Like, I couldn't imagine how bright it would be. Also, the Watts don't mean anything. It's the lumen output that is important. That would be nice to have this info with the kits. 55W halogens gives less than half the lumen output 35W HID can push. I don't think 55W could give like 40% more lumens than a 35W kit. Whatever the company providing them.
thank you so much for answering my questions if i have any problems i know who to ask haha thanks alot man seriously :notworthy

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you have any installation problems or questions, feel free to PM me, I'll answer you without problems.

Also, I have used those 2 littles power drills from Ridgid. It's not necessary, but they are great at screwing things in small place like the front area of an Accord ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts

Sealed and waterproof are two different things. You would find immersing them into a lake would not cause them to "leak" nonetheless a little splashing water from the road surface, can't speak for the other product either, but to date a whopping 0 of our DIGITAL brand have fallen victim to leaks.
With HID wattage to the bulbs directly correlates with luminous output. Same as with a halogen bulb, a 55w filament is brighter than a 35w filament. Just with HID the amount of power the bulb can pull is not limited to resistance of a coiled wire, it is dependant on the power regulated through the ballast. However the bulb too should be matched to handle the output wattage by cathode spacing, resistance to pressure, and proper chemical composition for K color. Here is demonstration, a 55w HID bulb with one of our 30w-50w adjustable ballasts put through the 5 level settings (each level = 5 watts change):

·
Registered
656 Posts
alright so im on the retro solutions website and am i doing this right... just click on the 35w HID kit go to h11 HID kit....and im supposed to type in Honda/Accord/08 and thats it proceed to checkout?!

·
Registered
904 Posts
alright so im on the retro solutions website and am i doing this right... just click on the 35w HID kit go to h11 HID kit....and im supposed to type in Honda/Accord/08 and thats it proceed to checkout?!
Yes, that is all you have to do, just click on the H11 35w kit, select your color. You don't even have to fill in the vehicle information if you don't want to. When you get to checkout enter the coupon code "ACCORD" to get your discount.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes, that is all you have to do, just click on the H11 35w kit, select your color. You don't even have to fill in the vehicle information if you don't want to. When you get to checkout enter the coupon code "ACCORD" to get your discount.
alright sweet thanks.... and how much is the discount? free shipping?

·
3 sTaRs ANd sUn...1 Lov3
450 Posts
alright sweet thanks.... and how much is the discount? free shipping?
it seems like you get a 10% discount and free shipping....going for the 55w slim hid kit 6000k :banana:

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey retro,

I was on your website and saw the NightVision Slim Plus. They seemed impressive. Are they really that good?

How hard is it to install HIDs? Any extra hardware I would need to buy to make it plug in? Any cutting of wires?

Would I need a harness with this particular kit?

·
Registered
904 Posts
hey retro,

I was on your website and saw the NightVision Slim Plus. They seemed impressive. Are they really that good?

How hard is it to install HIDs? Any extra hardware I would need to buy to make it plug in? Any cutting of wires?

Would I need a harness with this particular kit?
Yes, they are really a great kit for the price, the only problem is these are not really released yet, and as such no H11 or 9006 in stock for those at this time. The NightVision regular kits are there in H11 and 9006, but there are some caveats (mostly aesthetic) with this product until we make a final decision on circuit design regarding a lock-out feature and go into full production.

Install is easy, you can follow any of the previous DIY threads here on the forums really, the basics are covered in them all. No extra hardware is needed, no cutting of wires...ever.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, they are really a great kit for the price, the only problem is these are not really released yet, and as such no H11 or 9006 in stock for those at this time. The NightVision regular kits are there in H11 and 9006, but there are some caveats (mostly aesthetic) with this product until we make a final decision on circuit design regarding a lock-out feature and go into full production.

Install is easy, you can follow any of the previous DIY threads here on the forums really, the basics are covered in them all. No extra hardware is needed, no cutting of wires...ever.
Thanks. Do you offer any brand slim 35w H11?

·
Think Different.
1 Posts
Todd, PM'd you.

The NightVision regular kits are there in H11 and 9006, but there are some caveats (mostly aesthetic) with this product until we make a final decision on circuit design regarding a lock-out feature and go into full production...
So what's the difference between the DIGITAL (standard) ones and these new NightVision "ultra-low current" ones? Just the reduced startup current? What's the "lock-out" feature you mentioned? It doesn't look like the new NV's are slims either (though I see those listed separately).

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
whats the diff between the Slim and regular ones

·
Registered
518 Posts
Slim one the ballast are thinner. Ther regular ones are higher.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Todd, PM'd you.

So what's the difference between the DIGITAL (standard) ones and these new NightVision "ultra-low current" ones? Just the reduced startup current? What's the "lock-out" feature you mentioned? It doesn't look like the new NV's are slims either (though I see those listed separately).
There is a difference in reliability between the two brands.
The lock-out we will probably get rid of, this is just a feature that will not allow the ballasts to be turned back on for 5 sec. after being removed from power. The point is to save them from locking up completely on vehicles with pulsed voltage, turing the ballasts into useless bricks. But the same circuit backfires on some of those same vehicles making them incompatible.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i just read through this forum and have a few questions...

regular vs slim ballasts? is there a safety thing here? or just pref on how much area you have to work with?

55W 5000k RS kit... did the shadow issue from the OP get resolved?

Do we still need to get coated bulbs if we want to do fog lights?

and have RS or XD changed their kits since the OP?

Thanks guys... didn't wanna start a new thread! so BUMP!

101 - 120 of 131 Posts