Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered some 194 size bulbs for the interior, got them on sale for Labor Day. I have experience with both companies and know they make high quality LEDs that don't burn out after 6 months like a lot of cheap Chinese brand bulbs. Both come with 3 year warranties and the companies are US based.

Front map Lights are Diode Dynamics HP3 in 5000k. They have a brighter HP5 but I didn't want the driver to be blinded at night.
Rear dome and trunk lights are VLED High Output 360 in 5000k. I went with these instead of the Diode Dynamics HP5 since these have the LEDs around the sides which will work better for the trunk and rear dome since those bulbs are mounted horizontally instead of straight down like the map lights.

Before and after pictures taken at the same manual exposure and color temperature (sunlight) settings so the color and brightness comparisons are accurate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks great! I have Diode Dynamics highs,low, and fogs in my F-150 and they are amazing. Great company with quality LEDS's.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Really wish cars would just come from the factory with 4000-5000k temps all around. Factory headlights/foglights have almost entirely moved out of the 3000k range.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow thats bright. Definitely gotta look into brightening up my car.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T / Crystal Black Pearl
7 Posts
I ordered some 194 size bulbs for the interior, got them on sale for Labor Day. I have experience with both companies and know they make high quality LEDs that don't burn out after 6 months like a lot of cheap Chinese brand bulbs. Both come with 3 year warranties and the companies are US based.

Front map Lights are Diode Dynamics HP3 in 5000k. They have a brighter HP5 but I didn't want the driver to be blinded at night.
Rear dome and trunk lights are VLED High Output 360 in 5000k. I went with these instead of the Diode Dynamics HP5 since these have the LEDs around the sides which will work better for the trunk and rear dome since those bulbs are mounted horizontally instead of straight down like the map lights.

Before and after pictures taken at the same manual exposure and color temperature (sunlight) settings so the color and brightness comparisons are accurate.
Just picked up a Touring 2.0T and definitely want to upgrade the interior lighting. Question: Given what you know now, would you order the same lights/color temp again? In the pics it looks like the front map lights might be a little whiter than the dome/truck but that could just be the pics or my old eyes. LOL Vleds does offer these in 5500K and 6000K. Would you still go with the 5000K? Thanks for you help!

·
2020 CBP Touring
775 Posts
I just wanted to add to this a small experience of mine. The 5k DD and the 5.5K VLED have the best color match if you already happen to have 5k Diode Dynamics installed.

The 5K VLED was noticeably too warm. I ended up putting them in my mother's 2005 Accord. She was super happy with the usable light in the map/dome and trunk lights.

(One more observation... I prefer the build quality of the VLED's slightly, but the color and size labeling on the bulb base itself was such a nice touch by DD.)

Reactions: FuKuRoKu

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T / Crystal Black Pearl
7 Posts
I just wanted to add to this a small experience of mine. The 5k DD and the 5.5K VLED have the best color match if you already happen to have 5k Diode Dynamics installed.

The 5K VLED was noticeably too warm. I ended up putting them in my mother's 2005 Accord. She was super happy with the usable light in the map/dome and trunk lights.

(One more observation... I prefer the build quality of the VLED's slightly, but the color and size labeling on the bulb base itself was such a nice touch by DD.)
Thanks much for chiming in. I ordered the DD 5K for the map lights last night but was still trying to decide on VLED color temp for the dome/trunk. I'm ordering the VLED 5500K now. Thanks again!

·
2020 CBP Touring
775 Posts
Thanks much for chiming in. I ordered the DD 5K for the map lights last night but was still trying to decide on VLED color temp for the dome/trunk. I'm ordering the VLED 5500K now. Thanks again!
You got it, nice color and trim choice BTW lol.

Reactions: Deere Man

·
Registered
14 Posts
IMO, 5k works well for headlights/driving lights, but is too stark for interior lighting. It's almost lab like, I prefer the 3k range for interior lighting as it has a warm light. Now, if they would make a 3k that was 'brighter', that would be the ticket. 5k also works well for the trunk as it's more utilitarian. Again, JM2C, but good info all the way around. I know for sure not to get the 5k interiors, LoL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMO, 5k works well for headlights/driving lights, but is too stark for interior lighting. It's almost lab like, I prefer the 3k range for interior lighting as it has a warm light. Now, if they would make a 3k that was 'brighter', that would be the ticket. 5k also works well for the trunk as it's more utilitarian. Again, JM2C, but good info all the way around. I know for sure not to get the 5k interiors, LoL
Yeah, it's very subjective but I understand, it depends on what kind of ambiance you're going for. I like the crisp, modern feel of the 5000k and I like that the lights match inside and out since the headlights, DRLs, and licence plate are all 5000k from the factory. I do usually prefer warmer tones in general as I use 3000k, 3500k, and 4000k all around my house depending on the room.

Just picked up a Touring 2.0T and definitely want to upgrade the interior lighting. Question: Given what you know now, would you order the same lights/color temp again? In the pics it looks like the front map lights might be a little whiter than the dome/truck but that could just be the pics or my old eyes. LOL Vleds does offer these in 5500K and 6000K. Would you still go with the 5000K? Thanks for you help!
Your eyes are correct, the VLEDs do have a bit warmer color temperature than the Diode Dynamics. The Diode Dynamics is closer to a true 5000k. Personally, I prefer the lights to be a tad warmer so I'm fine with how it is. Since I'm not looking directly at both lights at the same time, I don't notice the difference between the VLEDs and Diode Dynamics in everyday use, it's more noticeable in the pictures.

My DSLR is picking up the VLED 5000k to be around 4400k and the Diode Dynamics 5000k is about 4800k, so it would make sense if the 5500k VLED is closer to the Diode Dynamics assuming all the VLED bulbs are warmer than advertised.

·
2020 CBP Touring
775 Posts
Yeah, it's very subjective but I understand, it depends on what kind of ambiance you're going for. I like the crisp, modern feel of the 5000k and I like that the lights match inside and out since the headlights, DRLs, and licence plate are all 5000k from the factory. I do usually prefer warmer tones in general as I use 3000k, 3500k, and 4000k all around my house depending on the room.

Your eyes are correct, the VLEDs do have a bit warmer color temperature than the Diode Dynamics. The Diode Dynamics is closer to a true 5000k. Personally, I prefer the lights to be a tad warmer so I'm fine with how it is. Since I'm not looking directly at both lights at the same time, I don't notice the difference between the VLEDs and Diode Dynamics in everyday use, it's more noticeable in the pictures.

My DSLR is picking up the VLED 5000k to be around 4400k and the Diode Dynamics 5000k is about 4800k, so it would make sense if the 5500k VLED is closer to the Diode Dynamics assuming all the VLED bulbs are warmer than advertised.
Interesting info. I believe it with the DD being an American made product.
Yes, the 5.5k VLED is a MUCH better match to the 5k DD IMO. Very noticeable from the backseat to me, but I'm very anal about that kind of stuff...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts