Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I wanted to get my car ready for winter and i wanted to dip my girl! decided to go with matte white and WOW does she look good. The car was black to start with. I dipped 2 coats of grey, then 3 coats of white. Here are some pics

Attachments

·
133 Posts
nice. how many gallons did you use?

·
Registered
437 Posts
omg that looks amazing!!! there doesn't seem to be any problems! What did you use to spray??

·
Banned
546 Posts
Excellent work man! The true test will be seeing how long it lasts for you over winter

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problems at all :) i spent a good amount of time prepping so the finish would look great. I used one of the spray guns and the finish turned out really nice! After i did this, i got like 6 buddies wanting me to dip thier cars too

·
Marcus
156 Posts
Looking super slick! Loving it, especially with the roof and glossy mirrors. But just a couple notes that bug my slightly; the mirror bracket that connects it to the door (the triangular piece), it comes black on all the colors and just kind of sticks out in a weird way with a black mirror. If I were you, I would want to peel that area. And along with said, the window trim being white is slightly annoying. But again, to each their own, and I would personally go for a black trim.

Overall, I love it apart from those two. The finish was perfect and you did well with priming it and prepping. Kudos, my friend.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
Man that looks good.

Don't forget to update MTO and let them know you changed the colour from black to white. If you get pulled over I believe you can get a ticket if the colour of the car as specified on the registration papers is different from the actual colour.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Looking super slick! Loving it, especially with the roof and glossy mirrors. But just a couple notes that bug my slightly; the mirror bracket that connects it to the door (the triangular piece), it comes black on all the colors and just kind of sticks out in a weird way with a black mirror. If I were you, I would want to peel that area. And along with said, the window trim being white is slightly annoying. But again, to each their own, and I would personally go for a black trim.

Overall, I love it apart from those two. The finish was perfect and you did well with priming it and prepping. Kudos, my friend.
Funny you say that because exaclty that i changed :p i made the entire mirror housing back to black and window trim i changed to chrome, so i can dip that part black because i originally had them black before i dipped the whole car

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
8thG looks best in white, but I'm biased :)

·
Banned
546 Posts
I've been contemplating dipping my car as well. My clear coat is starting to go in a few places (probably 4 months away from starting to peel), and I don't want to drop $2k on a paint job when the car is only worth $6500. I figure for the roughly $400 initial cost of the 4 gallon kit from Dip Your Car and then the cost of just buying the gallons to re-do it, I could dip the car for several years and still be under the cost of a paint job.

Granted I would still have to paint the car if I ever sold it (which I'm not going to), it'd still be a fun yearly or bi-yearly project if you could get the stuff to last 1-2 years. Some on the FAQs on the stuff says up to 3 years if applied heavy enough. Might do it as a Christmas break project lol

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It took me about an hour to tape, and 3 to dip. If you dont have many bugs outside, or wind/dust, you could do it no problem! :)

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
now I actually like your car. I didn't like it before because it looked too murdered out and a few tacky things you added with the badges. but looks like you took it out and did a good job dipping it white. I wanna dip mine in white too

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
Nice job! :thmsup:

·
Banned
438 Posts
Very nice, I really like the finish.
Ignore the negative old lady comments, looks good. :thmsup:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts