Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
2013 EX-L 2.4 sedan white
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all.
Don't scold a beginner. Have a question. Officially, 9th Accord comes in Russia with VTEC engine with Multi Point injection, your engines are with direct one. If not difficult to make please picture engine on the side, where visible injector, ie the rear. I want to understand whether or not visually distinct.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
:wave:

Jay

·
4,339 Posts
Here you go, I hope this helps.

To my eye they look the same, are you sure yours is not Direct Injected? How many HP is yours without DI?

Jay

Attachments

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
That looks like the Direct Injection model. Look for your engine code stamped into the engine block next to your exhaust manifold. The direct injection model will read "K24W*". Hope that helps and welcome!

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
That looks like the Direct Injection model. Look for your engine code stamped into the engine block next to your exhaust manifold. The direct injection model will read "K24W4". Hope that helps and welcome!
Please reread. He said that he is from Russia and that their 4-cylinder Accords are not direct injected. Which is confirmed on the Honda Russia website.

·
4,339 Posts
Where are Russian Accords built? Engine bay looks the same and that impresses this engineer who works in manufacturing.

Jay

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
That looks like the Direct Injection model. Look for your engine code stamped into the engine block next to your exhaust manifold. The direct injection model will read "K24W4". Hope that helps and welcome!
The DI engine is K24W1, W2, W3.

W4 is PGM-FI.

Typing from my phone... gimme a break

·
2013 EX-L 2.4 sedan white
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Look the same, it's strange. We have 180 HP and Accord goes to us from US.

·
4,339 Posts
Marysville, OH
That's a let down. But impressive none the less, all wires and hoses are routed the same, along with the inspection dots...lol

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
So, where is the difference? May be our 9th has direct injection...
You are basing this on a few poorly angled pictures? Haha. No, your car does not have direct injection just like the Middle Eastern Accords (which are also U.S. built). Keep wishing.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I hear the North Korean Accords are 278 unicorn power. We can only dream to be as lucky as the North Korean's...LOFL!

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
it's a joke))
Thanks for help, but..On the advice looked at the engine. Appeared more questions - K24W2! What do you say?
P.S. Sorry for quality of photo. It's cold outside.
Your car does have direct injection then!

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Good news! And i'm sure, that it is not Middle East model (it has 168 hp).
168 HP!!! Are you "Russian" to get some place? (Sorry, bad joke)

Hey, when you get a chance, can you please post a picture of your Accord in mother Russia?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts