Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw up a progress thread starting from when I got the car last September. Mostly to keep track of what I have done and just to share.

This was the day I got it in sept of 17. This was exactly what I was looking for, I wanted a 9th gen sedan as my wife and I were planning to have kids (wife is actually due next month) and I didn’t want a coupe anymore.

It’s exactly what I wanted, ExL, V6, front and rear hfp lip kit, hfp side skirts, oem sport grill, and extremely clean.

I kept the wheels from my 8th gen coupe and actually just swapped them in the dealer parking lot.

19x9.5 +35 Vordoven Forme 6 with 245/40 Falken G4

They looked horrible at stock height. I normally always do suspension on my cars before wheels.

Day after I got the car I got it tinted.

I also pulled off the front plate and did a quick detail on the front bumper to get rid of the marks it had left. And plugged the holes.

Then put in my Led headlight bulbs from my 8th gen and all new interior leds and license plate bulbs.

Then I found a used set of D2 coils that were in great condition but extremely dirty from coming from New York so I disassembled them and completely cleaned them before I threw them on.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then I took it to get an alignment at Network Alignment in phoenix (always recommend them, taken all of my cars here with every suspension set up I have had)

While I was there I found an intake from a local member from here, I think his name was Latin Ct2. K&N short ram.

Then found a Takeda axle back directly from Takedas ebay store for WAY less then retail after I made an offer and they accepted. Listed as “open box” but was all still sealed in original wrapping and was 100% new.

Then I got some red vinyl overlays for the tails.

Went to ICB Motorsport to grab some OEM emblems and some neochrome license plate bolts to match my lugs. I have always used the neochrome muteki sr48 on my last 3 cars.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few weeks ago I tried tinting the tail lights with Vvivid light smoke tint and it looked ok, but It was just slightly too dark for me and I’ve never been a fan of any tinted lights so I ended up pulling it off a couple days later.

Then to my favorite thing I’ve ever got for this car, 19x8.5 +43 Volk CE28N. Not the best specs but they work just fine and I got an amazing deal on them and with a 20mm spacer all around they are actually the exact same poke as my last wheel set up.

I’ve always been a fanboy for jdm wheels, I had te37s, sprintharts, work cr-kais, mugen rnr and a couple others over the time that I had my civic. Since then I haven’t really cared about what brand wheels I had really just wanted the right fitment so it’s nice to actually have one of my dream wheels again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Props to you sir;

looks like you tinted her yourself?

gave me a great idea on how to plug my front bumper holes in my 6-6 coupe.

how do you like the D2s coils so far?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Props to you sir;

looks like you tinted her yourself?

gave me a great idea on how to plug my front bumper holes in my 6-6 coupe.

how do you like the D2s coils so far?
Window tint was actually done by a mobile tint shop, came out great. Had her do my wife’s 4Runner as well.

I have no issues with the d2 coils, I’ve had quite a few different brand coilovers for different cars and have realized that almost any cheap coilover out there is manufactured by the same companies in China then just branded for each company. Great build quality and after I cleaned them up they looked brand new still after being on salty New York roads.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Full side shot of the Volks, I ordered a few things for the wheels and the car that I’ll be putting on shortly.

My daughter was born 2 weeks ago so the last couple weeks have felt like one long day. Luckily I get 4 months off work with her so as she gets a little bigger I have a few things I need to do with the car.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,351 Posts
Congrats on your soon-to-be dad title!!! That little critter will change your life, immensely for the better! Oh yeah, the Accord looks fantastic. Thanks too, for mentioning where you got the red logos. Weird how we all like some things others wouldn't notice -- loving the exhaust tips!

Reactions: Dirt McGirk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what a fantastic build!!
Thank you!

Congrats on your soon-to-be dad title!!! That little critter will change your life, immensely for the better! Oh yeah, the Accord looks fantastic. Thanks too, for mentioning where you got the red logos. Weird how we all like some things others wouldn't notice -- loving the exhaust tips!
Oh man it has been a big change already. She is almost 6 weeks old and I’m loving every minute of it.

So today my shadow speed spoiler showed up. Can’t beleive how fast it got here. It left Taiwan Yesterday early morning and got here at 2:30 today.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my sway bar today from another member on here.

I’ll probably put it on tomorrow and or this weekend when I have a couple other things to do for the car.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Put my sway bar on today, here’s the stock rsb vs the 25.4mm one.

Also changes from a 20mm to a 32mm spacer in the rear to fix the fitment.

Before

After

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I worked on this ever a few days but I fully painted my Volks inside and out.

Will get some more pictures once I have them polished and the car is detailed, the weather is finally starting to cool down so hopefully next weekend I can get a few hours to work on cleaning the car.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On Thursday I got a nail on the freeway when I had the baby in the car and didn’t want to pull over on the freeway so I drove about 1/4 mile to a parking lot to change it and by then the tire was done. So I ordered 2 new Falken Azenis fk450 and has them installed today. They look slightly wider then the Falken G4 that I had on, might order 2 more of them if I like them better then my current falkens even tho they still have 6-7/32nds.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts