Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally giving Dirty Girl the TLC she needs, and she's not AS dirty anymore! So, I figured, why not make a thread for her? :)

I installed a lot of what is in this box, and more needs to get installed still.

Driver side spray nozzle

It's hard to see, but you can see the hyper extension of the wiper blades as well as the poor contact quality of the old wiper blades on the glass

Before vacuuming

After vacuuming

This heffer was $150 over on Honda Parts Cheap as I couldn't find an aftermarket unit for Coupe. Though, aftermarket sedan units were readily available for around $70.

Normally, wiper blades aren't a very special item, but my old blades were something like 4yrs old so the new blades are a special item to me, LOL.

Yes, I painted the wiper blade arms!

New spray nozzles! On the old one closest to us, you can make out a blueish-white dot in the middle of the spray nozzle. That little guy made the spray ineffective and eventually caused the buildup in the other picture seen above

And the new wipers fully installed and properly aligned. It took me a little bit to get them aligned properly. I love the fact that when I use the wipers now, they don't hit the A-pillar nor the bottom splash guard

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Up next, I think is going to be a wash down of the engine bay as well as installing those "leakless gaskets" behind the thermostat. Sometime ago, I replaced the high pressure power steering hose to fix a leak it had, but my PS system somewhere still has a small leak as I have to add PS fluid to the system every 3 - 4 months or so. I've got to trace the source and fix it, but it'll have to wait for now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm sure @enne would say "about time"

Looks better. My mom's 6th gen still hasn't been replaced yet but I've been making a fixit list if I can get it. One of the things on the list is replace the spray nozzles. Was that hard?

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spray nozzles were really easy. Just remove the hose with a flat head screwdriver, and use a set of pliers to remove the nozzles.

·
Rollin in FL
1,119 Posts
Gotta say this is a great thread, and I do see your vision for Dirty Girl. However, my suggestion is for you is try to make it as one of SoCal's cleanest Accords. Will be waiting to see the improvements and updates on your ride.

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta say this is a great thread, and I do see your vision for Dirty Girl. However, my suggestion is for you is try to make it as one of SoCal's cleanest Accords. Will be waiting to see the improvements and updates on your ride.
Cleanest SoCal Accord? LOL, I can tell you that right now it's not going to happen. I have other priorities where my financial resources are needed at the moment. I'll do what I can, for sure, but things like repaint, or anything that's going to need lots of money, it's a no-go for now.

Once upon a time, my vision for my Accord was a J32A4 w/J32A3 TB, J35 Intake manifold, Injen or K&N CAI, DC headers, 6spd swap, a set of nice 18in wheels with the widest tire I can fit without rubbing and without aggressive camber (225 likely, but would also think of 235 and 245 if they could fit), Acura RL front brakes, Acura TL-S rear brakes, "decklid" spoiler, and OEM ground effects. None of that never happened, and at this point in time at my life, I don't think it will ever happen. If it does, it's because I don't want a new car and I have lots of money to spend, LOL.

That setup I know would get lots of head turning as well as be really quick being a 3200lbs car in the low 300HP range (100HP over stock J30A1 currently in it).

·
Rollin in FL
1,119 Posts
Cleanest SoCal Accord? LOL, I can tell you that right now it's not going to happen. I have other priorities where my financial resources are needed at the moment. I'll do what I can, for sure, but things like repaint, or anything that's going to need lots of money, it's a no-go for now.

Once upon a time, my vision for my Accord was a J32A4 w/J32A3 TB, J35 Intake manifold, Injen or K&N CAI, DC headers, 6spd swap, a set of nice 18in wheels with the widest tire I can fit without rubbing and without aggressive camber (225 likely, but would also think of 235 and 245 if they could fit), Acura RL front brakes, Acura TL-S rear brakes, "decklid" spoiler, and OEM ground effects. None of that never happened, and at this point in time at my life, I don't think it will ever happen. If it does, it's because I don't want a new car and I have lots of money to spend, LOL.

That setup I know would get lots of head turning as well as be really quick being a 3200lbs car in the low 300HP range (100HP over stock J30A1 currently in it).
Been a month since DirtyGirl's thread has been active... what's the update on the ride @CDsDontBurn ?

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of right now, no update. I've just been keeping her clean. She needs a bath and that'll happen this weekend for sure. I've also got tol try and figure out how to give her a wax job to keep the paint going for a little bit longer.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Keeping it clean is enough work for me too.
If you come into a bunch of money, just buy a new car. :grin

·
Rollin in FL
1,119 Posts
As of right now, no update. I've just been keeping her clean. She needs a bath and that'll happen this weekend for sure. I've also got tol try and figure out how to give her a wax job to keep the paint going for a little bit longer.
When I give Lucky and my other car a bath, I use a 2-in-1 formula that I bought from the Auto isle in Wal-Mart. And as of now, both cars, especially Lucky gives off that new car shine.

You do know there is a risk of some type of electronic failure on new vehicles.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
True, but even 20 year old cars have computers. Do you trust reliability of a new computer, or a 20 yo one?
You could go with a really old car from before computers. Pick your poison. :laugh

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know. The moment I have the cash, I'm getting me a new F-150. I'm pretty set on one. I've driven the Chevy 1500 and I've been inside a Ram 1500, and the F-150 is what appeals to me.

When I give Lucky and my other car a bath, I use a 2-in-1 formula that I bought from the Auto isle in Wal-Mart. And as of now, both cars, especially Lucky gives off that new car shine.
I use Meguiar's Gold car wash.

True, but even 20 year old cars have computers. Do you trust reliability of a new computer, or a 20 yo one?
You could go with a really old car from before computers. Pick your poison. :laugh
This. And the likelihood of an electronic component failing is small.....unless it is a common failure of the vehicle, but that should make it recall worthy at that point. Also, our nearly 20yr old 6GA also have a PCM (computer)......so it's a moot point.

·
Rollin in FL
1,119 Posts
I know. The moment I have the cash, I'm getting me a new F-150. I'm pretty set on one. I've driven the Chevy 1500 and I've been inside a Ram 1500, and the F-150 is what appeals to me.

I use Meguiar's Gold car wash.

This. And the likelihood of an electronic component failing is small.....unless it is a common failure of the vehicle, but that should make it recall worthy at that point. Also, our nearly 20yr old 6GA also have a PCM (computer)......so it's a moot point.
Do you have all the specs for the F150? Those do tend to get expensive by the option. I am also thinking about getting an F150.

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All I know what I want out of an F-150 is for it to have a minimum of quad cab and the 3.5L TT EcoBoost engine and other basic / standard features such as AC, Power Windows, and BT stereo / hands free calling. Anything else is just the cherry on top. Such a packaged F-150 goes for around $35k - $40k. If money were not an issue, there's one with dealer add-on features I've seen at my local Ford dealership that has the Coyote engine, lift kit, tow package, digital everything, and a list of features I can go on about but can't remember most of them and it's priced at $65k. Right now, both trucks are priced too far out for me.

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been riding around like this for like two weeks. Had the bulb in earlier this week, but never had a chance to get it in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DMoPRh0PFpNJZbXJ3

All fixed up!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Np06ATwGKhVL6ezW2

The old ones

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YdFfwwA8Rf1t6DyA2

I took care of this when I got them (came with the headlights as part of the same order). The old one - bottom - was dim and didn't work very well. The new one - top - is incredibly bright and works 100% of the time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/561eYzcTi9R9dvVE3

These will be replacing the bulbs in my gauge cluster sometime this weekend.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/v6ZykQnWk42nSob62

·
Rollin in FL
1,119 Posts
I've been riding around like this for like two weeks. Had the bulb in earlier this week, but never had a chance to get it in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DMoPRh0PFpNJZbXJ3

All fixed up!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Np06ATwGKhVL6ezW2

The old ones

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YdFfwwA8Rf1t6DyA2

I took care of this when I got them (came with the headlights as part of the same order). The old one - bottom - was dim and didn't work very well. The new one - top - is incredibly bright and works 100% of the time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/561eYzcTi9R9dvVE3

These will be replacing the bulbs in my gauge cluster sometime this weekend.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/v6ZykQnWk42nSob62
Those lights are important for nighttime driving, especially the headlights, because we all know CHP and LAPD can be a pain in the rear. Are those lights that you just installed LEDs or regular Halogens?

·
2020 best year
4,234 Posts
Those lights are important for nighttime driving, especially the headlights, because we all know CHP and LAPD can be a pain in the rear. Are those lights that you just installed LEDs or regular Halogens?
His headlights are HIDs, hopefully with the right optics.

HIDs are awesome when properly retrofitted. Much better than the factory "candle in the wind" halogen bulbs.

As for LED in instrument gauge cluster... Will these work with the dimming switch in the car? Some LEDs don't work well with dimming switches; they would flicker a whole lot when dimmed.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Because you live in California, let alone SoCal, and especially in the LA area to know this :rolleyes:

His headlights are HIDs, hopefully with the right optics.

HIDs are awesome when properly retrofitted. Much better than the factory "candle in the wind" halogen bulbs.

As for LED in instrument gauge cluster... Will these work with the dimming switch in the car? Some LEDs don't work well with dimming switches; they would flicker a whole lot when dimmed.
They're the optics I bought when I got my original set of HIDs :tongue:. I went with HIDs because my "candle in the wind" halogen bulbs kept going out every 3 - 4 months on each side. I got them...7yrs ago?.... and just now one went out. That was some $75 well spent as it saved me money in the long run.

·
Rollin in FL
1,119 Posts
Because you live in California, let alone SoCal, and especially in the LA area to know this :rolleyes:
I used to live in SoCal and in PA back in the day.

They're the optics I bought when I got my original set of HIDs :tongue:. I went with HIDs because my "candle in the wind" halogen bulbs kept going out every 3 - 4 months on each side. I got them...7yrs ago?.... and just now one went out. That was some $75 well spent as it saved me money in the long run.
It totally saved you money in the long run. I am planning to convert mine from Halogens to HIDs soon. But, right now, I can't wait to get Lucky back from the dealer and return the CRV. :grin

·
Super Moderator
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had planned on putting in new LED bulbs in the cluster tonight, but my kids wanted attention. Guess who won?

LOL.

Perhaps tomorrow night, but I'm not sure. Tuesday and the rest of the week doesn't look good either because my kids go back to school and we need to get back in that routine.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts