Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Congrats on the milestone! Re-reading through this thread, I miss my old ‘98 coupe.

Original engine on this Accord still? I skimmed through the thread again and didn’t see any mention of it.
Yes, original engine. 4th transmission, lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
This is odd. Happened this morning as I was leaving my driveway on my way into work. The car felt fine, no rough idle, no sluggishness, no nothing. So I cleared the codes.

I've had coil packs die on me before and I know what a misfire feels like, but this didn't feel like any of that.

View attachment 517942
Over the last few days I've been getting different CEL codes for misfire on different cylinders. I'm going to have to try new spark plugs as a first line of troubleshooting. I don't remember when I had them done last, so that's definitely a start.

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Dirty Girl got new tires the yesterday. My tires began to separate on my commute home doing 80MPH on the freeway on Tuesday evening. Luckily it didn't blow while traveling that fast, lol.

If you look at my tire wear, my tires wear faster on the inside tread compared to the rest of the tires. To remind everyone, I am lowered 1.5" on Eibach ProKit springs. My alignment is all within spec so I believe that this is a geometry problem based on other feedback and information I've already found.

Here is the piece of tire tread I lost on the front driver side tire. It was "thwacking" around in the wheel well before I stopped and pulled it out.

You can see where it's been separated and the steel belts on the inside, lol.

It apparently had already happened, albeit slowly, on the passenger side. Yes, I know this tire was a bit low.

A new set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 on all 4 corners have been put on already. With the new tires, I also got my alignment re-done. It was all in spec before, but now it's closer to zero on everything. Hopefully this keeps everything "alive" for longer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You camber actial is negative. If l had that wear l would go with 1/2 degree Positive camber. Tip the top edge of the tire out away from the center of the car. The car wont 'turn' as aggressively but wont wear tire inside as quickly either.

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
You camber actial is negative. If l had that wear l would go with 1/2 degree Positive camber. Tip the top edge of the tire out away from the center of the car. The car wont 'turn' as aggressively but wont wear tire inside as quickly either.
Camber is already as positive as it can go with my car being lowered. The solution would be to get some adjustable camber UCAs. I thought of that a while ago, but I was reading that it may have been caused by my old worn out UCAs. After having replaced the UCAs, I no longer believe that is the issue and is now a geometry problem as I stated above.

A new Tranny every 87 Kmi? Good Lord man. Take care of your car.
That's just an average :p. This one that finally kicked the bucket earlier this month was in there for 170,000mi (273588.48Km).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see that is just the other day. I know that camber kits are available for cheap money when compared to the price of decent tires. FWIW. Gotta praise the mileage you got on her.👍

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Why did the others go down so quickly?
The replacement schedule for my car has been as follows:

2008: 129,500 - first replacement, second transmission. This is the original transmission (to my knowledge, I'm 3rd owner)

2010: ~180,000mi - second replacement, third transmission.

2020: 349,946mi - third replacement, fourth transmission

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Over the last few days I've been getting different CEL codes for misfire on different cylinders. I'm going to have to try new spark plugs as a first line of troubleshooting. I don't remember when I had them done last, so that's definitely a start.
i had this happen on lil red. she was throwing misfire codes. i changed plugs and wires and still the same, i ran a compression test on all cylinders and cyl 3 was 0. i took the head off to find the exhausht valves on cyl 3 stuck open and one had a v shape crack in it. so i redid the valves and changed the broken one and she is up and running again.

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
i had this happen on lil red. she was throwing misfire codes. i changed plugs and wires and still the same, i ran a compression test on all cylinders and cyl 3 was 0. i took the head off to find the exhausht valves on cyl 3 stuck open and one had a v shape crack in it. so i redid the valves and changed the broken one and she is up and running again.
Yours is an i4? Aside from both engines being an interference design and the water pump driven by the timing belt, there are no other similarities between both engines.

I still haven't purchased new plugs yet. I'm waiting on payday for that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yours is an i4? Aside from both engines being an interference design and the water pump driven by the timing belt, there are no other similarities between both engines.

I still haven't purchased new plugs yet. I'm waiting on payday for that.

no i have the f23a1 engine

181 - 195 of 195 Posts