Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

1987 LXi here.

Looking for some help on the easiest/best way to turn off the beep/buzz/tone that happens when you take off your seat belt or the door is open and the car is on.

Please no soapbox comments about how driving without your seat belt won't be condoned, that's not what I'm trying to do here.

Sometime's when the car is on and a door is opened the sensor won't reset after the door is closed again until the car is turned off/on again.

This is very irritating when dropping off/picking up someone.

I don't want to disabled the door sensor as I have an alarm installed.

Appreciate any help here, thanks.

Ivan

·
Elvira - the car
3,495 Posts
Have you tried to clean the buckle to see if the button is sticking?

Other than that isn't there a buzzer you can unplug?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried to clean the buckle to see if the button is sticking?

Other than that isn't there a buzzer you can unplug?
Hey Miker, this has nothing to do with the seatbelt sensor. It works fine, the problem is when I drop off or pick someone up, the buzzer comes on when the door opens but doesn't shut off when it closes...

Yes, I'm looking for where to disable the buzzer all together, where do I unplug it?

·
Elvira - the car
3,495 Posts
yikes!! you've been living with this problem for 7 months?

I suggested the buzzer only to alleviate the sound temporarily NOT defeat the system. I'm only guessing that the seat sensor in the passenger seat is bad since you now say you don't believe it to be the belt sensor. Many articles, forums on the web say that this problem stems from a microswitch in the latch that gets sticky. IDK. Just did a quick search online for a few different forums about this exact problem. So there's MY due diligence.

If I place a heavily laden briefcase or a crave case of sliders on my passenger seat in a 2013, the airbag light circuit senses it and shuts off the airbag in the passenger side. It thinks it's a child in the seat. So the sensor knows when I remove the weight to the floor and the airbag system reactivates the airbag for the passenger seat.

Maybe after someone sits in your passenger seat the sensor still thinks there is weight on the seat and when the belt is unlatched it buzzes.

When this happens rebuckle the belt (sans passenger) and see if the buzzer goes off. That would seem to point to the seat weight sensor IMO.

DON'T DEACTIVATE ANYTHING IN THE SEAT-BELT SYSTEM.

·
Cruising in Montana
3,679 Posts
I doubt there are weight sensors in a 1987 car.

The OP's problem is likely in the door switch of the door that doesn't stop buzzing. The system sees that the door has opened, but it's not seeing it go closed = bad switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  • There's no weight sensor (it's an 87)
  • This is not an everytime problem, it's sporadic
  • I'm not trying to not wear by seatbelt!!! I don't need a buzzer to tell me that. Please, no need to get on your soapbox and tell me about wearing my seat belt.
  • Doesn't matter which door, once it opens the buzzer comes on, the interior lights too; when the door closes the interior lights turn off (so the actual pressure sensor in the doorwell works), but the door open/seatbelt warning light and buzzer stay on (bad relay) circuit somewhere.
  • I need to turn off my car and turn it back on to get it warning off every time I need to open the door
  • I appreciate everyone wants to be helpful, but if you're not going to tell me the trick to disable the warning noise, please don't reply.
  • I'm sure I can troubleshoot the entire circuit, but I don't care that much about that feature.
  • I'm sure if I take apart everything behind the dash I'll find the buzzer, but I'm trying to avoid that and hoping this forum can help.

·
Elvira - the car
3,495 Posts
  • There's no weight sensor (it's an 87)
  • This is not an everytime problem, it's sporadic
  • I'm not trying to not wear by seatbelt!!! I don't need a buzzer to tell me that. Please, no need to get on your soapbox and tell me about wearing my seat belt.
  • Doesn't matter which door, once it opens the buzzer comes on, the interior lights too; when the door closes the interior lights turn off (so the actual pressure sensor in the doorwell works), but the door open/seatbelt warning light and buzzer stay on (bad relay) circuit somewhere.
  • I need to turn off my car and turn it back on to get it warning off every time I need to open the door
  • I appreciate everyone wants to be helpful, but if you're not going to tell me the trick to disable the warning noise, please don't reply.
  • I'm sure I can troubleshoot the entire circuit, but I don't care that much about that feature.
  • I'm sure if I take apart everything behind the dash I'll find the buzzer, but I'm trying to avoid that and hoping this forum can help.
I'm out.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,255 Posts
I had this issue on a 91 Civic. If a seatbelt was unfastened while the car was moving, the warning chime would sound continuously until I would turn off the ignition and back on - sometimes. I never researched the issue as I didn’t want the entire warning chime system to be silenced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts