Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Disable hill assist?

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CHeYeNNe 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable hill assist? I find myself underestimating the amount of gas on a hill and bog down the car, where-as I'm fine if I catch the opportunity where it doesn't engage.

#2 ·
I have not found a way to disable it. Do you have a M6 Sport? If so here is a tip that may help. On the Honda System it holds the brake pressure until you press the gas. So, if its on get on the gas a tad sooner before letting the clutch out and it will release. It will help.

The Honda system works MUCH better than the Chrysler system that was in my Manual Challenger. That system held brake pressure until the car started moving. So, say you were at the light and you had to get something that was in your pocket out and you stood on the brake to do so. When you went to go it held the max brake pressure that you had to fight to get the car to go until it released. Kind of a catch 22. I really hated that system and luckily it was defeatable in the EVIC (iMID).

Good luck, blip the gas before going and it should help.

Jay

#5 ·
I've been driving stick for plenty of time and know how to hill start, but my instincts are getting thrown off from having this handicap lol. It's doing me more harm than good ><

#7 ·
According to the owner's manual, the CVT transmission also has the Hill Assist function. Has anyone actually used it on an automatic. I always thought that the automatic transmission would keep the car from rolling backwards on a hill while you moved your right foot from the brake to the gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.