Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Coupe EX-L with Navi. The problem I am having is a popping sound coming from the left front door speaker. Even if I turn off the factory radio the popping sound will continue. I have swapped the factory amp but no success in eliminating what I call distortion. I have physically swapped speakers from right to left and the problem persists on the left front channel. I feel it has to be an electronic issue in the audio system. I can pull the main audio fuse and the issue stops, but of course I loose power to navi and radio. Has anyone experienced this and would have some advise? I am leaning towards the radio being defective. Any suggestions with an aftermarket radio that is fully compatible with factory options?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Out of curiosity, have you tried running new speaker wire from the radio/amp to the speaker? There might be a break in the factory wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tried that. Lacking the knowledge of the factory amp wire harness pin out and its location. I am hoping a broken wire in the factory harness would't be but it is a possibility. Thank you! I will have to check that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts