Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE READ! This is here for YOU to see how to swap Headlights. If following this guide, please do not blam ME if YOU break somthing on YOUR car:dunno:. Thx DRE. Ok... I've seen ppl ask about it, and I haven't seen it either, so here you go HEADLIGHT SWAP!! I've listed tools you may need in the pics, but to add you may need/want plyers and old cloths. (reminder, this is for 03-07 Accords) but should be just as easy for other year vehic's.:yes: Oh and one more thing, If useing after market headlights remember they are just that. The fit may not be perfect..... stay calm and fig it out! Other than that HAVE FUN, SAVE MONEY, and ENJOY!:thmsup:

Attachments

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Keep on goin!

Attachments

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doin Good!

Attachments

·
TL A-Specs RUBY------CURB
704 Posts
very nice write up!!!!

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost done

Attachments

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last leg! your done ! Good job:thmsup:

Attachments

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope This will help many of you save money! NOW STOP ASKIN FOR A DIY ON HEADLIGHT SWAP!!! LOL:lmao:JK:banana: whoo hoo My First DIY!:salue::salue::banana::banana::banana:

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice write up!!!!
:banana:Thanks! It took Longer trying to fig how the :paranoid: to write and mark ev thing up on the pics! And up load from phone to e-mail, then e-mail to cpu, then cpu to photo bucket, then here. peww! .....BUT I DID IT!!:banana:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you have to aim/adjust/calibrate the light beam?

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have to aim/adjust/calibrate the light beam?
lol, I got off work early last night and never went back out, so haven't driven at night yet. But with all other headlights I've changed, no.... Well my halo's, but that was cause of the HID's (why I bought these, tthey had no cut off on the projector) Gonna practice retro on the halos, then either put them back in (if it comes out good) or do these.

·
Registered
210 Posts
great DIY. very detailed explanations & photos! :]

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Great writeup! Thank you. A few of my clips under the bumper are pretty tight (meaning that I *may* have to break them to get them off don't know why they are like that.) I hope the bolts down there aren't like that! I have already come across one underneath the side where the airbox resonator is and I had to cut the damn thing off.

But yeah, hope mine goes well because I am going to be putting Morimoto Mini Bi-xenon projectors in in a couple months!

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great writeup! Thank you. A few of my clips under the bumper are pretty tight (meaning that I *may* have to break them to get them off don't know why they are like that.) I hope the bolts down there aren't like that! I have already come across one underneath the side where the airbox resonator is and I had to cut the damn thing off.

But yeah, hope mine goes well because I am going to be putting Morimoto Mini Bi-xenon projectors in in a couple months!
:eek: WHOO WHOO WHOO!!!! don't go breakin **** just yet! you gotta prob ask. I know I said fig it out! but... hooowmmmm... Ok, I,m calm, when you take out the fasteners try to pop em only about half way. If you look back at the pic with them all togeather you will see the bottoms are fat. If you pull too much through it is a safty feature so u won't loose em while driving. The center "T" piece pushes outware on the four prong outer piece which locks them into the panel. Now if that doesn't work.... ur car ur choise.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
:eek: WHOO WHOO WHOO!!!! don't go breakin **** just yet! you gotta prob ask. I know I said fig it out! but... hooowmmmm... Ok, I,m calm, when you take out the fasteners try to pop em only about half way. If you look back at the pic with them all togeather you will see the bottoms are fat. If you pull too much through it is a safty feature so u won't loose em while driving. The center "T" piece pushes outware on the four prong outer piece which locks them into the panel. Now if that doesn't work.... ur car ur choise.
I know how to take clips out and all that. What I am saying is that it is VERY hard to pry out a couple of the clips under the bumper of my particular car. I use a flathead and all that, but the two that I tried didn't budge very much at all. It is almost as if they are siezed. I know a decent amount about how to turn a wrench bro.

By the way, what part of DE are you from?

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know how to take clips out and all that. What I am saying is that it is VERY hard to pry out a couple of the clips under the bumper of my particular car. I use a flathead and all that, but the two that I tried didn't budge very much at all. It is almost as if they are siezed. I know a decent amount about how to turn a wrench bro.

By the way, what part of DE are you from?
:dunno:Ok, myyy bad... ya nev know....would hate for someone to mess up their ride for no reason is all:thmsup:

And not REALLY from here... but to answer the Q/A..... the area with the loud ### C-5's and the track.:furious:just thinkin of the up commin weeks has me ready to blow!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
:dunno:Ok, myyy bad... ya nev know....would hate for someone to mess up their ride for no reason is all:thmsup:

And not REALLY from here... but to answer the Q/A..... the area with the loud ### C-5's and the track.:furious:just thinkin of the up commin weeks has me ready to blow!
You in the Air Force?

I spent some time around DE so I know EXACTLY where you are talking about I do believe. I will be down around that way this summer actually.

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:yes::D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts