Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just going to add this to avoid useless thread about cabin air filters, how to replace them, which way the filter should go in, etc...

Plus it'll save you a lot of money if you get the filter and DIY vs dealership's price of $40+ just for labor.

I was bored at work and decided to check if I have the premium amp behind the glove compartment, as I pulled down the glove compartment, I couldn't see anything else beside a small opening for the cabin air filter.....

You will have to open the glove compartment
push in both sides of the container and it drop down another couple inches.

This pic is on the right side, there's another on the left side you have to push in towards the middle of the container.

Then you'll see this, push in the tabs on the sides to access the filter.

remove the filter, simply by just grabbing it and pull it out.....lol

Here's the part number, I think. after the "PP"

IMPORTANT

When putting the new filter in, MAKE SURE the "AIR FLOW" is facing towards you and arrows are down.

Replace the cover and push back in the container.

BONUS PIC :D

I have about 8880 Miles right now. and the filter was that dirty or the carbon in the filter itself made it looked even more dirty. I saw a lot of dandelion seed/flake thing (what ever its called) between the filter. I used a vacuum and vacuumed every slit in the filter. I will replace it when I reach 15,000-20,000 miles.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice DIY, That last pic is golden! Black Coupes are the Best Coupes

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice DIY, That last pic is golden! Black Coupes are the Best Coupes
Thanks! I just love the "Wet paint" look especially after a wash. I used to drive a white avalon, the paint was just boring (no wet look or reflection).... no offense to white accord owners :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
When it gotta change? Or keep checking periodically?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thanks! I just love the "Wet paint" look especially after a wash. I used to drive a white avalon, the paint was just boring (no wet look or reflection).... no offense to white accord owners :D
From a White Accord Owner, Your car looks Good, if you want it to look Great, Paint those exhaust tails BLACK, You have the look going on but the Chrome Tails Kills it-->:thmsup:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Very nice and easy diy. The other day I heard the Honda service advisor tell the old lady if she felt as her ac wasn't blowing enough air that her cabin filter was clogged. It would be $90 to replace that filter because the tech had to take the dash apart. I giggled a little when I heard that haha.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Nice. Filter looks pretty dirty for a '13. Can you clarify how to drop the glove box. My Ody and MDX had catch tabs that popped out and allowed the box to drop down. It seems that this design is a compression fit and you just squeeze the sides, no?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From a White Accord Owner, Your car looks Good, if you want it to look Great, Paint those exhaust tails BLACK, You have the look going on but the Chrome Tails Kills it-->:thmsup:

The angle of the pic makes it not look as good if you see it in person. I was hesitant upload that pic because of how the pic shows the muffler tip but you noticed it (did hope no one will). lol

Very nice and easy diy. The other day I heard the Honda service advisor tell the old lady if she felt as her ac wasn't blowing enough air that her cabin filter was clogged. It would be $90 to replace that filter because the tech had to take the dash apart. I giggled a little when I heard that haha.
Imagine that old lady was a use-to-be car enthusiast or something, and she knew the dealership with ripping her off. and she said, "Go F**k yourself." :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice. Filter looks pretty dirty for a '13. Can you clarify how to drop the glove box. My Ody and MDX had catch tabs that popped out and allowed the box to drop down. It seems that this design is a compression fit and you just squeeze the sides, no?
In the first pic, there's that stub pocking out (there's another on the left side), you have to push it toward the middle of the container in order to drop the container down more. It's confusing through words but if you go out and look you'll have a better understanding.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanx for the info . Just the other day I was getting a tire fixed for my work truck at a Toyota dealership . A service advisor was quoting prices to this lady like $ 80 for cabin air filter , $30 for rear brake light $ 25 for cabin light . I was like wow

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
The angle of the pic makes it not look as good if you see it in person. I was hesitant upload that pic because of how the pic shows the muffler tip but you noticed it (did hope no one will). lol

Imagine that old lady was a use-to-be car enthusiast or something, and she knew the dealership with ripping her off. and she said, "Go F**k yourself." :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

In the first pic, there's that stub pocking out (there's another on the left side), you have to push it toward the middle of the container in order to drop the container down more. It's confusing through words but if you go out and look you'll have a better understanding.
OK, same stub on the '04 MDX and '05 Ody that has to be popped inward to drop the box.

NAPA also makes a great cabin filter and they have a 10% AAA discount.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Does anyone know of a better cabin filter that would fit our accords I heard some where that the accord uses a filter that is not effective enough to filter some allergens.

I could be wrong. Would be nice to know before it needs changing.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Does anyone know of a better cabin filter that would fit our accords I heard some where that the accord uses a filter that is not effective enough to filter some allergens.

I doubt that the stock filter is sub par but if it is anything like the stereo mayhap your source is correct.
Try NAPA, made by Wix AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can cutout your own. Purchase the best FILTRETE brand filter and cutout the same shape as Honda cabin filter. You probably can cutout 6 filters from one FILTRETE filter.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm a fan of this cabin filter by Fram
. It has baking soda and carbon embedded in the filter to absorb the bad smelly air from outside. Probably the only Fram product I will ever recommend...

·
Registered
916 Posts
You can cutout your own. Purchase the best FILTRETE brand filter and cutout the same shape as Honda cabin filter. You probably can cutout 6 filters from one FILTRETE filter.

Interesting. How do you treat the edges? Same airflow? Any pics?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks man, I just did mine this morning. It had bugs and bug wings lol Idk why Honda doesn't show you how to do this it is pretty simple instead you find SEE AUTHORIZED HONDA DEALERS......

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Cabin Air Filter part numbers. 2012 Accord takes same CAF.

Fram CF 10124
Purolator C35519
WIX 24815
NAPA 4815

·
Registered
428 Posts
Aftermarket cabin filters are relatively cheap. I see no virtue in buying a Honda cabin filter. Never had an issue with my previous car, an '05 Civic coupe.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts