Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIY daytime running light . i dont have Touring model lights Its a soft rubber tube contains a LED strip, connects low beam and signals .

I used to only have a T10 LED bulb to lighten the strip . Im impressed by the outcome of the LED now. However, now I lost the feature of the "blink blink" when I unlock the car which I loved so much

thanks

T-10 LED

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
That looks nice. I like the switchback feature and is what I would do if I did this mod.

Which LED did you use?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just bought it in an Asian car shop, so i really dont know. Its just a plastic tube with led strip on it . They have lots of aftermarket stuffs from China or Taiwan . Im from vancouver BC Canada

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
That looks fantastic.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Take some daytime pics. It'd be interesting to see how powerful they are compared to V6/Touring DRL.

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
just bought it in an Asian car shop, so i really dont know. Its just a plastic tube with led strip on it . They have lots of aftermarket stuffs from China or Taiwan . Im from vancouver BC Canada
Any pictures of said tube? I assume you had to custom wire it to get the turn signal function.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks great!

·
?????
218 Posts
looks nice at night, would like to see some daytime photos with/without lights on in direct sunlight. Is the tube a sore eye when the light isnt on during the daytime? i found a few shops that sells those tubes but wasnt too sure about the light output in the daytime. pics please! thanks

and i believe someone on here used relay/tap-a-fuse to get the blink blink function on the strips. i forgot where i saw it and who did it. might try searching on here somewhere

·
CVT
514 Posts
whoa. that looks really nice.. however i wonder if its too bright at night though, last thing i want is to blind people

need daytime pics for sure!!

·
Reverse
66 Posts
I used to only have a T10 LED bulb to lighten the strip . Im impressed by the outcome of the LED now. However, now I lost the feature of the "blink blink" when I unlock the car which I loved so much
Dang, I'm panning on doing mine on Friday and i was worried about losing that feature as well. Does anyone know a way to keep this "blink blink" feature? Maybe a little re-wiring?

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
Dang, I'm panning on doing mine on Friday and i was worried about losing that feature as well. Does anyone know a way to keep this "blink blink" feature? Maybe a little re-wiring?
It's doable. The complication of the wiring will depend on how and when you want the lights to be ON.

You can do this easily if you are willing to keep the parking light switch in the ON positing for DRL use.

If you DO NOT want the switch on, then the wiring will get much more complicated and require relays to make it 'blink' 'blink' without keeping the headlight switch in the ON position.

The switchback feature is an easy addition to any of the above wiring methods.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Search for discussion of the amazon relay in the diy led drl thread. Its all there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Original poster claims the light is ran off the headlight wire. Can't you just hook the wire up that is running to the "headlight" to the original "T10/194 parking light wire" and still hook the switch back to the blinker? This would turn the strip when anytime the parking lights are on and it should still blink as the stock strip did.

Please provide the name or brand of what strip you used so others can purchase if they want it.

·
Wanda Honda
458 Posts
1 - 20 of 70 Posts